All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Image16.jpg
    Image16.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 236
I can't read your backmark, but if it says Art Metal Works it's from 1902-1930.

Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
1900-1930 General service button.

Bill

Actually, if you want to get technical, it's 1902-1930 like I said above.

Upvote 0
Eddie Lomax said:
nova treasure said:
1900-1930 General service button.

Bill

Actually, if you want to get technical, it's 1902-1930 like I said above.

I think we was typing the same time when we posted, but you did post first. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

awards are at 10 pm

Upvote 0
There are 2 different backmarks used by Art Metal Works and I believe they quit making buttons by 1930, as stated, but I dont know the exact dates of the different backmarks. Its possible they overlap. :dontknow:

THE ART METAL WORKS, NEWARK, N.J.
ART METAL WORKS INC -NEWARK, N.J.-

Upvote 0
The Art Metal Works Co. started in 1886 in New York and then set up shop in Newark in 1897. The company was founded by Louis V. Aronson. The company goes public in 1928 and later changed it's name to Ronson Art Metal Works and became well known for its Ronson cigarette lighters which they still produce today. They are now part of the Zippo Manufacturing Co. http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Ronson-PLC-Company-History.html

All Great Seal type buttons are post 1902 (as stated).

Heres the other backmark but I dont know which was first. :dontknow: :read2: If anyone knows, Ill update my list. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0193.JPG
    DSCF0193.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Heres the other backmark but I dont know which was first. :dontknow: :read2: If anyone knows, Ill update my list. Thanks

I think your backmark is the earliest because I think I see "inc" on his button.

Upvote 0
Eddie Lomax said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I think your backmark is the earliest because I think I see "inc" on his button.
Is this always the case with a business? Yes it definitely says Inc.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back