RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoyed today's weather and was able to get out for a couple of hours. My first find for the day was the cuff link button. I thought I may have found my first CW general service button but this button has a different eagle on the front. The button was not together when I dug it. It took a few minutes to find the front of the button deeper in the hole. The area I was hunting was where the Confederates held their lines. The rectangle thing was found pretty deep and it rang like a coin. Its about the size of a dime so any ideas what that may be would help. The area I hunted saw plenty of CW action but was farmed many years ago. Was a good day, found my first arrowhead and a couple three ringers. Happy Hunting....

Attachments

• March.jpg
    March.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 197
  • March1.jpg
    March1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 197
  • March2.jpg
    March2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 198
No idea what the retangular thing is. The button is nice. I can see the outline of the eagle's head. Good finds.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if the rectangular thingie is a coat or curtain weight? Is it lead? Breezie

Upvote 0
Is the rectangle piece just a square nut? Is there any evidence that the hole was threaded at one time?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but the likely answer is a mid-19th C Hunts Button :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I'm not sure, but the likely answer is a mid-19th C Hunts Button :icon_thumright:

Thanks you very much, any idea where I may be able to locate a picture?

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for your help. The small rectangle thing is not threaded in the center. I thought it may be a back piece to something.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back