Button and Buckle ID???

North AL

Feb 5, 2013
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I had a quick hunt in the backyard today. Found this old buckle and button 10 feet apart. Anyone know maybe what they are or possibly date them? button size.jpgbuckle.jpgbutton.jpg Quarter is for size comparison.

The buckle is a lady's dress buckle. Late Victorian. The button could be a coat or cloke button of the same era.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
The button is a machine-stamped 1-piece thin sheetbrass fancy civilian-clothing "Fashion" button. The buckle is also machine-stamped thin sheetbrass, and is an ornate style for a lady's sash/belt. So, based on their construction and their "style", I believe both the buckle and button are from the late-1800s to early 20th Century.

Edit" I see that DCMatt and I were typiing at the same time. :)

Upvote 0
I found that exact same buckle you have in a early 1900 era large house site the house site dated from 1897 too 1910 and it burnt down in a fire all the stuff we were finding all had fire damage on it but I do recall digging the exact same style buckle as this and I think I may still have it, will have too dig around for it. Kewl finds! :occasion14:

Upvote 0
My house was built in 1904 as a doctor's office. Rumor is there was a house here before that and it burnt down. I haven't found any fire damaged things yet.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back