But at least the yard is clean now....

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of weeks ago I bought an early 80's Garrett American S1 at a sale for $10.00. Works great and been having fun with it....I have found myself daydreamimg about finding things and I scan my yard almost every day now. I have been reading here alot and am looking for a Garrett Ace 250 before I venture out into the real world to detect ( in case anyone knows of one) and am pretty excited about my new hobby.

In my yard ( about 2 acres) I have found countless pull tabs, bottle caps, pieces of aluminum, an old toy car, a button, a flag mount and other assorted junk....I have also found a grand total of $2.84 in change....Never gonna get rich this way, but at least the yard is clean now. Can't wait to get an Ace 250 and see what I have missed...Happy hunting all...Shorty

Upvote 0
Welcome to the world of metal detecting! Get use to those pull tabs and bottle caps.... your gonna find lots! Detecting is addicting so accept it:laughing7: Good luck in all your future hunts!

Welcome to the treasure hunting world. Sounds like your off to a good start with the items that you've already found. I suggest that you venture out and find some school yards, churches, playgrounds, beaches, or even an old house. Good luck and post the goodies.:icon_thumright:

Couple of weeks ago I bought an early 80's Garrett American S1 at a sale for $10.00. Works great and been having fun with it....I have found myself daydreamimg about finding things and I scan my yard almost every day now. I have been reading here alot and am looking for a Garrett Ace 250 before I venture out into the real world to detect ( in case anyone knows of one) and am pretty excited about my new hobby.

In my yard ( about 2 acres) I have found countless pull tabs, bottle caps, pieces of aluminum, an old toy car, a button, a flag mount and other assorted junk....I have also found a grand total of $2.84 in change....Never gonna get rich this way, but at least the yard is clean now. Can't wait to get an Ace 250 and see what I have missed...Happy hunting all...Shorty
Hi Shorty and welcome! Be careful what ya wish for...

I decided to make a test garden, figured maybe 10 hours or so to make. (15' x 40'), Cleared the undergrowth and raked up 4" of pine needles (7 hours).I start detecting before planting targets...6 hours later, I'm only 25% done. I've got a 5 gal bucket half full of junk/trash.

Good luck hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back