🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumped into Louisiana's Finest

Hello All,

Was a crappy day last hunt. Speeding ticket on the way there. :BangHead: Then car trouble on the return trip. :sadsmiley:

So all in all a crappy day...but when we were out digging for 8 hours it was bliss. 8-)

The finds were thin. We are exploring a new area, hoping for a new site. Shanegalang got a killer French gun flint and I dug an 1820s Pewter "U.S." militia button on my last row of the day. So at least we got something for the Display Cases. We were hoping for Spanish #28 but it was not to be. I think it'll be tough to get to 30 this year, but still possible. We have almost 2 months left.

Here's Shanegalang's gun flint:

shanegalang french gun flint.jpg

And my pewter "U.S." button (this is my 5th of these in two years):

HPIM4424.JPGHPIM4427.JPGHPIM4428.JPG

And our combined finds. I actually dug a piece of a spur in a spot where he had dug more of it on a previous hunt:

shanegalang.jpgHPIM4426.JPG

Best Wishes,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 20
As long as the judge doesn't want payment in Spanish Silver maybe you can still make your goal.... :laughing9:

Hey Buck, some days are tougher then others but at least you weren't skunked. Perseverance always pays off.:thumbsup:
Nice button and flint.
ZDD

Good to see a good finish to the day after bad start...now get out and find something more expensive then the ticket...great finds!

It's not about the $$ for me, and never has been, but it is frustrating when a day is as expensive as last hunt. ::)

BB, I can arrange to send Dman down as a character witness for you in traffic court. He can tell the judge a joke-LOL. Q.

Please don't! The judge would probably give me 10 to 20 years! :laughing7:

Nice finds, thanks for sharing them.

You might be able to cobble together a full set of those!

You might be able to cobble together a full set of those!

Working on a full set of Artillery "eagle on cannon" buttons, and a full set of these. Got 4 of the former, 5 of the latter. :) Also working on a set of Civil War Pelicans. I dug 3 of those, and Diggergirl got her one from the same coat too.

French flint correct? Nice button. Amazing how similar they are to some of the war world I script. Another good vid am now just catching up on all the cool finds.
HH

French flint correct? Nice button. Amazing how similar they are to some of the war world I script. Another good vid am now just catching up on all the cool finds.
HH

Yep. It's a French flint. I have 2 French and 2 English flints in my collection from Louisiana. Will be interesting to see which country wins the contest. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back