πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumped into Louisiana's Finest

Hello All,

Was a crappy day last hunt. Speeding ticket on the way there. :BangHead: Then car trouble on the return trip. :sadsmiley:

So all in all a crappy day...but when we were out digging for 8 hours it was bliss. 8-)

The finds were thin. We are exploring a new area, hoping for a new site. Shanegalang got a killer French gun flint and I dug an 1820s Pewter "U.S." militia button on my last row of the day. So at least we got something for the Display Cases. We were hoping for Spanish #28 but it was not to be. I think it'll be tough to get to 30 this year, but still possible. We have almost 2 months left.

Here's Shanegalang's gun flint:

shanegalang french gun flint.jpg

And my pewter "U.S." button (this is my 5th of these in two years):

HPIM4424.JPGHPIM4427.JPGHPIM4428.JPG

And our combined finds. I actually dug a piece of a spur in a spot where he had dug more of it on a previous hunt:

shanegalang.jpgHPIM4426.JPG

Best Wishes,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Good job on the pewter, good edges.

and another flint, you posted one of those not long ago.

cool video nice finds ..how do you know its a gun flint and not a Indian artifact... im not doubting your knowledge .. is just a ?

cool video nice finds ..how do you know its a gun flint and not a Indian artifact... im not doubting your knowledge .. is just a ?

We know it was a flint because it was square and the edges are beveled on one side and uncut (flat) on the other. Also, we do not find artifacts here. They are buried under thousands of years of silt along the river from flooding. Never seen a single point in a field here, and not even any flint chips from knapping to be found.

Regards,

Buck

Good job on the pewter, good edges.

and another flint, you posted one of those not long ago.

Good memory! I got a smaller one a couple weeks ago, honey colored. The one he found is bigger and a deeper yellow, though not as yellow as the photos show due to the light he was photographing under.

Pewters seem to be preserved well down here in the wet soil. I really think that the fact that the ground never freezes is the real difference.

Cheers,

Buck

That US button is in great shape for pewter BB. I bet Shane was glad to get the French gun flint. Lots of miles left in the Relicmobile. It's been a good one. Lots of HIGH SPEED miles-LOL. A good hunt despite the phone issues, ticket, and breakdown. HH my friend, Q.

Yeah that US button is nice. Gives me some inspiration for the site I'm hunting (same time period). Keep making the cool vids, at this rate we can just get rid of the TV, far as I'm concerned 8-)

Also wouldn't mind finding one of those flints. Lately I've been paying more attention to the non-metal stuff. :icon_thumright:

That US button is in great shape for pewter BB. I bet Shane was glad to get the French gun flint. Lots of miles left in the Relicmobile. It's been a good one. Lots of HIGH SPEED miles-LOL. A good hunt despite the phone issues, ticket, and breakdown. HH my friend, Q.

Yeah, to say it's been kinda crazy round here recently would be an understatement. :D But at least I've made time for digging! The Treasuremobile will survive. I'll spend a little on her and get her on the road again.

Congrats on your carved bullet my friend. Those are always a great find.

Cheers,

Buck

Nice US Pewter! I like eyeballing those gunflints.

License and registration Sir. Do you know why I pulled you over? You were driving on the wrong side of the road and dropping rusty iron relics all over the roadway. :tongue3:
Will,
Sorry to hear about the rough day you had outside of actual detecting. Did you tell the cop you were just in a hurry to dig more Spanish silver? :thumbsup:
Congrats to you and Shangalang on the nice recoveries. That pewter US button is way cool.
You'll get the silver next time out. Maybe two actually. :icon_scratch:
-MM-
P.S. If you need temporary transportation I'm sure Quindy has a few mules at his ranch. :tongue3: (No, their names aren't Doug)

Attachments

• Flint.jpg
    Flint.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 90
Sorry to hear about all the troubles of the day but your starting a good collection of those U.S buttons, Nice finds.

License and registration Sir. Do you know why I pulled you over? You were driving on the wrong side of the road and dropping rusty iron relics all over the roadway. :tongue3:
Will,
Sorry to hear about the rough day you had outside of actual detecting. Did you tell the cop you were just in a hurry to dig more Spanish silver? :thumbsup:
Congrats to you and Shangalang on the nice recoveries. That pewter US button is way cool.
You'll get the silver next time out. Maybe two actually. :icon_scratch:
-MM-
P.S. If you need temporary transportation I'm sure Quindy has a few mules at his ranch. :tongue3: (No, their names aren't Doug)

I didn't know Quindy had mules, I thought he only had a dog named Dman. :D

Hey, I really think they pulled me over for an obscure rule about not being allowed to haul 300lbs of iron in the back of your vehicle while going 75mph.

The militia button is awesome! That would have made my day. That sucks about the speeding ticket...

The militia button is awesome! That would have made my day. That sucks about the speeding ticket...

The day did have a pewter lining.

Good to see a good finish to the day after bad start...now get out and find something more expensive then the ticket...great finds!

Great lookin' button BB. With those period artifacts in that field I'm sure #29 and 30 are close-by. Good luck!

Hey Buck!! CONGRATS on your recent finds!! Sorry about the Green Stamps!! LA's favorite revenue procurement!! Anyway, GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

I didn't know Quindy had mules, I thought he only had a dog named Dman. :D

Hey, I really think they pulled me over for an obscure rule about not being allowed to haul 300lbs of iron in the back of your vehicle while going 75mph.

300 lbs of old iron :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back