Bullet?

inkslinger74r

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
I was metal detecting my uncles property where there was supposed to have been civil war activity. I found a shoe heel plate and this. It looks like it could be a bullet, but I'm not sure. It was in the middle of a 20 acre field.

Attachments

• image-2493427636.jpg
    image-2493427636.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-278217886.jpg
    image-278217886.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 78
Asides from that it somewhat resembles a Pickett bullet from the CW but I believe it's modern.

Upvote 0
In the photo it looks like it is not made of lead or a lead-alloy, and if that assumption is correct, it is not a civil war era bullet.

In the photo, it looks like it is made of brass or copper. There are "copper-jacketed" lead bullets from the very-late 1800s and afterward... but it's not shaped one of those.)

Upvote 0
In the photo it looks like it is not made of lead or a lead-alloy, and if that assumption is correct, it is not a civil war era bullet.

In the photo, it looks like it is made of brass or copper. There are "copper-jacketed" lead bullets from the very-late 1800s and afterward... but it's not shaped one of those.)

I see what you are saying about the color. But I have found CW bullets with that color. It's the soil. I agree that it's not CW though.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it probably isn't a bullet. It doesn't look like it would fly very good if it was. It was just odd where I found it.

Upvote 0
Could it be an old fishing weight? Maybe the hole is where the eye-loop was attached?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back