Buckles ID’s needed

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
I also found, but not pictured, buck and ball rounds and a snapped off 1816 ramrod head in the same area. I was only out for 2 hours, very wet with the recent rain. I’ll be going back in the fall with a lot more time and another spot with more trench lines.

Upvote 0
The two on the right look like chain links from farm machinery.
Like on a manure spreader.

Upvote 0
Hmm, could be now that you mention it. I didn’t think of that, thanks RN

Upvote 0
I find it ingenious that the confederates placed poo in front of the trenches to keep the Yankees back, this is where we got the “ flaming poo in the paper bag trick” no doubt, BRILLIANT!!!

Upvote 0
:dontknow:I was really hoping it was horse tack

Upvote 0
I looked it up, they all are rusted, crusted poo machinery, thanks for the help!!!

Upvote 0
I find it ingenious that the confederates placed poo in front of the trenches to keep the Yankees back, this is where we got the “ flaming poo in the paper bag trick” no doubt, BRILLIANT!!!

The manure spreader was used to spread dried cow/horse manure as fertilizer. Very doubtful if used for 'Trench Warfare'.

Upvote 0
:hello:No, poo warfare is real, hence the phase “poo flinger”!! Shaba, I know, it was a joke, read it again, this time out loud

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back