Buckle with Silver Inlay

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Found today near an old house. I won't show you the ton of junk I dug! Just got permission for this property today. Has a really nice old barn and about 3 acres. I had visions of many old coins. No luck with the coins .. 7 newer ones. Lot more work to do and property owner said I could use a regular shovel in the future (putting sod in springtime) which will really speed things up on the deeper targets. Deep mason jar lids abound.

Haven't found a buckle like this before. Don't know how old it is.

Length of about 1 1/3 inch. Width of 1.10 inches.

Attachments

• buckle ster F.jpg
    buckle ster F.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 109
  • buckle sterling inlay.jpg
    buckle sterling inlay.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 112
  • buckle ster back.jpg
    buckle ster back.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 14
looks a little like some Art Deco style but from late 30s to late 40s to me. You could research the property to see if anybody had that initial. U.S. census records often give names and addresses through the 30s and 40s.

Awesome find has to be more there good luck.

Early 1900s Id say - cool it has the inlay

Found today near an old house. I won't show you the ton of junk I dug! Just got permission for this property today. Has a really nice old barn and about 3 acres. I had visions of many old coins. No luck with the coins .. 7 newer ones. Lot more work to do and property owner said I could use a regular shovel in the future (putting sod in springtime) which will really speed things up on the deeper targets. Deep mason jar lids abound.

Haven't found a buckle like this before. Don't know how old it is.

Length of about 1 1/3 inch. Width of 1.10 inches.
Yeap, a spade is essential for me. Perfect time of year to do grass, whilst wet & cut a 3 sided turf with flap one side. No-one has complained ever about seeing where Dad & I dig. Yes, its very fast digging.

Good luck.

Cool! Don't see stuff like that too often! :thumbsup::treasurechest:

Yeah that's a sweet buckle. I've found that style over the yrs. Maybe 30s or 40s era

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back