Bucket list item checked off.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I started learning to yodel this April. Worked diligently at it. Went to the Iowa State Fair today and entered their yodeling competition. Iā€™m now a professional ($5 earnings)! LOL
I was very happy to win. The audience was super-supportive. My bucket list was to get the nerve to perform at this competition. Next year, I hope to enter the harmonica competition.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Now there's a talent that few possess! Congrats on the first place finish!

I was actually tied for first, by a very gracious young lady. She told me I was the true winner. I found out later that sheā€™s quite famous. I wasnā€™t smart enough to know that. One of the most pleasant people Iā€™ve ever met. True class. I think the judges were correct in the tie. She just didnā€™t want to steal the thunder from me.
Iā€™m so impressed with her. You meet the nicest people sometimes.

I started learning to yodel this April. Worked diligently at it. Went to the Iowa State Fair today and entered their yodeling competition. Iā€™m now a professional ($5 earnings)! LOL
I was very happy to win. The audience was super-supportive. My bucket list was to get the nerve to perform at this competition. Next year, I hope to enter the harmonica competition.
Thanks for looking!
Congrats! There must be a video of you yodeling šŸ˜

Congrats! There must be a video of you yodeling šŸ˜
They had us go twice. After the judging we were asked to go again, for the audience. My 2nd turn was not near as good as my actual competition run. Of course, the 2nd go is out there, not the good performance. Oh well, worse things have happened.šŸ™‚

You have to frame the ribbon and the $5 together, right? Like how businesses keep their first dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back