Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• P1010839.JPG
    P1010839.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 365
If it is out of warranty it is still better to send it back for a full testing to bring it up to spec. Why waste time in the field swinging a detector that isn't up to the task?

Its 12yrs old and a spare machine basically. Looking for a solution only slightly more advanced than electrical tape

fill all cracks and crevases with jb weld, they make a quick cure ;D

I would have to go with Sandman with send it to Garrett... It might be 12 years old but the 2500 is still a good detector.......And they will check it out and repair it like new for you.

Any idea what they charge?

Ask Garrett to send you another one (plastic grip base). I had that happen to my first 2500 in shipping it fresh from the garrett factory in 1999. They sent me another piece and I fixed it myself. I think they are a bit more beefy or stronger now. Call them...

Bearkat said:
Ask Garrett to send you another one (plastic grip base). I had that happen to my first 2500 in shipping it fresh from the garrett factory in 1999. They sent me another piece and I fixed it myself. I think they are a bit more beefy or stronger now. Call them...
And when you call them just ask about how much to check it out if you send it in... Garrett's phone ...1-972-494-6151

Thanks guys.. Ill give Garrett a call

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back