Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would like to give a shout out to Marty, Dave and the rest of the KELLYCO staff. Today I drove from Jensen Beach to take my 3030 in for repair. Marty came out and took a look at it and arranged for it to be fixed today. They had the change the USB port. I have been dealing with KELLYCO since I started detecting about 4 years ago. They are super people and a great company. So thank you very much and I greatly appreciate that fact that you did the repair today. I will be going tomorrow back in the water. LOL.

Upvote 0
Anybody can sell you a detector. It's the service you get after the purchase that makes or breaks a business. I've bought my last seven detectors from Kellyco and they've always taken care of me! As a matter of fact I recently won a $100 gift certificate from a Facebook photo contest they did. I'm about to put it toward a new scoop.

I would like to give a shout out to Marty, Dave and the rest of the KELLYCO staff. Today I drove from Jensen Beach to take my 3030 in for repair. Marty came out and took a look at it and arranged for it to be fixed today. They had the change the USB port. I have been dealing with KELLYCO since I started detecting about 4 years ago. They are super people and a great company. So thank you very much and I greatly appreciate that fact that you did the repair today. I will be going tomorrow back in the water. LOL.
Glad you are getting good service. I hope you will come back and tell us what they tell you to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for sharing Garry! One thing I can say is Hat's off to Kellyco!! The real Game changers for them was Marty, Dave and........... Barry, who is no longer with us.

Glad you are getting good service. I hope you will come back and tell us what they tell you to prevent it from happening again.

This is what they sent me to try and fix the problem before I took it there.

You can flush USB with fresh water, hit it with a cold hair dryer to dry it out then spray it with QRC QD contact cleaner (sold in electronic stores), wipe it out and spray with an anti corrosion spray sold in electrical and marine stores. The brand we use here is called "B'laster", .

If you want to help prevent it from happening again you can put a bead of silicone caulking around the cap after you have tightened it by hand. It is pliable and can be easily removed..I use a tube of GE 100% Silicone clear....

Anybody can sell you a detector. It's the service you get after the purchase that makes or breaks a business. I've bought my last seven detectors from Kellyco and they've always taken care of me! As a matter of fact I recently won a $100 gift certificate from a Facebook photo contest they did. I'm about to put it toward a new scoop.

Was the Facebook photo contest a photo of Sleepy ??????

Please tell them to get to my excal next. Two prime hunting summer months feels like ten crappy weather months. Its been in since July 15th... I should have bought the one on here two days ago but I am holding a candle I will get it fixed before 2017. Sorry I m a bit grumpy. This will be beach vacation number 3 without my girl to help me gather treasure. Zero gold this year for me.

ch1HJIx.jpg

Kellyco has always been one of the best places to get a detector because they provide more than just the detector, they provide the best service after the sale and everyone who works there is one of us themselves. I've been to other metal detector shops where the people didn't know how to use a detector or even know the name of most of the detectors they sold much less care about what happened after those detectors left their store.

Glad to hear Marty and Dave took good care of your CTX Garry. They resurrected my Excal II from the graveyard a few months back.

Now keep the cap tight on that USB port and I'll see you in the surf my friend!!!

Glad to hear Marty and Dave took good care of your CTX Garry. They resurrected my Excal II from the graveyard a few months back.

Now keep the cap tight on that USB port and I'll see you in the surf my friend!!!

It's sealed and ready to go! See you soon. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what they sent me to try and fix the problem before I took it there.

You can flush USB with fresh water, hit it with a cold hair dryer to dry it out then spray it with QRC QD contact cleaner (sold in electronic stores), wipe it out and spray with an anti corrosion spray sold in electrical and marine stores. The brand we use here is called "B'laster", .

If you want to help prevent it from happening again you can put a bead of silicone caulking around the cap after you have tightened it by hand. It is pliable and can be easily removed..I use a tube of GE 100% Silicone clear....

Hi

Just curious if this is recommended for other connections (coil and headphones)

I have been hunting for 2 months but am always concerned I will have issues.

Thanks

Was the Facebook photo contest a photo of Sleepy ??????

Yes it was a photo contest where you needed to be wearing one of their tshirts.

Hi

Just curious if this is recommended for other connections (coil and headphones)

I have been hunting for 2 months but am always concerned I will have issues.

Thanks

I always worry about the water getting in but I go anyway. !0 feet is 10 feet. The directions were just for the USB port. Hope this helps.

Good luck Slider. One of the benefits of living in Florida is being able to go to Kellyco I when such problems arise.Oh and it also is fun to attend their events.

Last edited:
They have been great to me also. I will continue to buy from them for this reason!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Glad you got good service. In the meantime my buddy has been waiting for months for his machine. I'm only on week 4 in my wait! They need to take a page from Garrett's customer service as far as I'm concerned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back