✅ SOLVED Brass turning thing with iron threads??? What is it???????

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SOLVED]Brass turning thing with iron threads??? What is it???????

I found this last friday, i thought it was all iron when i dug it and put it in the maybe pouch. When i was going thru everything on monday i saw the top was brass with a design on it. After cleaning it a little i saw it had threads so it screwed into something, its about 4 inches long and the brass piece is about 3/4 of an inch wide. It was about 20 feet behind where i dug the 8 three ringers all in one hole, so im thinking its from the same time period. Im hoping its CW related. Any help on this will be great, Thanks!!!

Attachments

• button, relic 006.JPG
    button, relic 006.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 78
  • button, relic 007.JPG
    button, relic 007.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 81
  • button, relic 008.JPG
    button, relic 008.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 81
  • button, relic 009.JPG
    button, relic 009.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Upvote 0
On thing it isn't is a gas valve, but to really ID it, may be next to impossible. Fancy cast thumb screws had many applications.
While none of these exactly match yours, and these are only a scant few applications, you can see that they were used for a multitude
of things.

Attachments

• thumbscrew.jpg
    thumbscrew.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
creskol said:
On thing it isn't is a gas valve, but to really ID it, may be next to impossible. Fancy cast thumb screws had many applications.
While none of these exactly match yours, and these are only a scant few applications, you can see that they were used for a multitude
of things.

Thank you all!!! Crekol i think you got it, i googled CW era oil lamps when i found it and it did look like it went to a stationary style lamp holder, one that was mounted to the wall. But i wasnt sure so i posted it and now i know its a "cast thumb screw". Always learning new things in this hobby. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back