got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, guys this one will be EZ for you. It has a port to open a small hole in the middle, that is done by the movement of a thumb stem on the side of the top. It dose have threads on the small part of the top, but not on the bottom. and it's about the size of a half dollar. It has two a small iron pins on to both side of the top. Thanks for the help.

DSC03934.JPG DSC03935.JPG DSC03938.JPG DSC03940.JPGDSC03939.JPG DSC03936.JPG DSC03937.JPG

I think it may be the top to a powder flask. I can't ever remember seeing one exactly like that but the thumb leaver is something that is usually seen on the powder flask. I could be wrong of course. Tennessee digger

Upvote 0
I think it may be the top to a powder flask. I can't ever remember seeing one exactly like that but the thumb leaver is something that is usually seen on the powder flask. I could be wrong of course. Tennessee digger

I believe you are correct, sir!

pf0118a.jpg

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Thanks, TD and DC I have had it for a year or so and just put it in the old brass box. Looks like now it will go in the case for all to see. HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back