Brass religious stake.. any information/are they common?

Heavy32

Aug 10, 2010
SETX
Detector(s) used
excalibur II, x-terra 30
20161113_175046.jpg20161113_175120.jpg20161113_175059.jpg
I'm trying this from my phone so not sure if pics will upload..? If not I'll try from my laptop tomorrow. It's a brass 6 inch stake that has IS.54:2 stamped on it.. this verse reads "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes" I know it's not really old because of the machine marks from when it was made. Just trying to get some information on it.. is it something used commonly in religious blessings of land.? Does it have any value.? Thanks

Very interesting.

Isiah 54:2 "Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes"

My guess would be a tent stake for a traveling revival meeting.

Upvote 0
The tent revival idea got me thinking.... I wonder if it's not something that was given to people who donated money to a revival meeting? Kind of a "buy a stake in our ministry" type thing.....

Upvote 0
The tent revival idea got me thinking.... I wonder if it's not something that was given to people who donated money to a revival meeting? Kind of a "buy a stake in our ministry" type thing.....

Similar to the "To forge our friendship" anvils popular in the 1950's or 60's...

vintage-kemper-thomas-company-forge_1_695d9a2ec21f31ae429cd57d9bbdbe1e.jpg

Upvote 0
Vampire stake :P

hmmm perhaps a silver test is in order ? :)

Upvote 0
I think it may have been put there by someone who was symbolical claiming that verse for their life!
Where was it found?

Upvote 0
I found it in the historical part of my town in Orange TX. Basically the origin of where the town started, like most places.. right by the river. It was still in a vertical position from where it had been driven into the ground. But wouldn't think it would be the only one of it's kind.. anyway thanks for replying. The search goes on..!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back