Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20161222_1405529~2.jpg
    IMG_20161222_1405529~2.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 192
If we could see the numbers, it might be easier to ID.

DC Matt is usually correct...

Upvote 0
They are there but difficult to see...i'll try to highlight them...

I figured that it would give us a better idea of what was being measured, if indeed it is a dial face.

Upvote 0
It looks t me like it starts at 1/2 and goes all the way around to about 80? (with the high end being hard to read)
But it really looks like there's a one half mark... Why start there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks t me like it starts at 1/2 and goes all the way around to about 80? (with the high end being hard to read)
But it really looks like there's a one half mark... Why start there?

I think it is 1 - 2. It has numbers inside the circle and outside the circle. 1 inside. 2 outside. 5 inside. 8 outside. 10 inside...

I can only see numbers up to 40.

Maybe it's an egg counter. Who remembers THAT whatsit? OMG!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Upvote 0
Deleting comment as I looked at it wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it is 1 - 2. It has numbers inside the circle and outside the circle. 1 inside. 2 outside. 5 inside. 8 outside. 10 inside...
I can only see numbers up to 40.
Maybe it's an egg counter. Who remembers THAT whatsit? OMG!!! NOOOOO!!!!

No really, if you enlarge the heck out it there's a 1/2 on the left side of the line left of the 2... I really think so anyway.
What about the counter-clockwise numbering on this... I'm having a hard time finding any gauge that has that.
Indeed, the egg counter is one I'm sure won't slip out of memory, like so much else does that I actually try to remember.

Upvote 0
No really, if you enlarge the heck out it there's a 1/2 on the left side of the line left of the 2... I really think so anyway.
What about the counter-clockwise numbering on this... I'm having a hard time finding any gauge that has that.
Indeed, the egg counter is one I'm sure won't slip out of memory, like so much else does that I actually try to remember.

I see the 1/2 now. Excellent observation. I also had not considered the 'counter-clockwise' aspect.

Kitchen scale?

il_570xN.438983824_tjc7.jpg

Upvote 0
My first thought was part of a secret decoder badge.

When I find small brass items like that, I throw them in the tumbler with a batch on pennies to clean them up.
2Q==

Attachments

• decode1.jpg
    decode1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 86
  • decode2.jpg
    decode2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread