brand name dredge differences

sae156

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2013
Teller County, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everybody,

Considering a 2 inch suction dredge. Will be running it into a CAsluicebox highbanker. just looking at jobe, keene, proline and dahlke. it seems like the jobe is the ford pinto among the supercars. just looking at the pump/engine combo, the jobe uses a semi trash with 5.5 hp (about $330) while the other 3 use their own brand of pump and honda motors for double the price.

Bottom line, is the jobe good enough and the others just overkill or is the more expensive pump/engine worth it ???

Thanks for the input.
Scott

I have a jobe and am very happy with it.It has its place but you dont move much with a 2.I have a 2.5hp with a 2 in trash pump will run the dredge easy.
CIMG0086.jpg

Jobe is a toy by many dredges and they would stay away from it. I don't know about Dahlke, they have a loyal base but their tiny dredges are completely different. Keen and Proline are the two major players in the dredge market. Prolines are considered to be better made, but Keenes have better sluice boxes.

Take all that with the caveat that it's my personal opinion. I have only used Keene and I love it. But I have talked with people who have used many different brands.

for OKBASSPRO,

Hi, Do you have more specifics on the pump and engine. gpm, psi, max lift, etc etc. one concern i have is one spot i'll be at will be at 10000 ft which really drops the HP. 3% per 1000 ft give or take.

for OKBASSPRO,

Hi, Do you have more specifics on the pump and engine. gpm, psi, max lift, etc etc. one concern i have is one spot i'll be at will be at 10000 ft which really drops the HP. 3% per 1000 ft give or take.

You will be beter off getting a real dredge pump for those conditions everything changes with elevation.I stay at low elevation so no side effects for me.Check your PM I am sending you a message.

Heres the link where I got my pump
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORTABLE-2-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those little 2.5 Hondas are nice motors but $$. I believe the high pressure pump performance for this size goes Dahlke>Proline>Keene.

Something to consider with the pressure vs trash pumps is how clean is your intake water. Pressure pumps will preform better than trash pumps as they are higher tolerance which means your intake water should be as clean as possible. Where trash pumps have lower performance they are better able to accept turbid water. They will both work with turbid water of course but I'm talking long term wear and tear.

I can run a good bit of pressure line with my Honda/Keene p90 but only do so when I have to (to get clear water) though there are times when I would prefer a trash pump so I didn't have to run as much line in a recirc type situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back