tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out touring around on my bike yesterday and went to my local indoor flea market. I saw this box with a lot of early 1970s treasure magazines. I didn't see any pricing on it and being I was riding a bike, I didn't inquire about what they might want for the whole box. I use to love picking these magazines up at the store to read before this internet came along. They sure had some great stories and never seem to have any shortage of fantastic finds to read about. Makes me wonder was the majority of these stories really all that true they always seemed to come up with. The other thing was they told of so many legends of lost treasures you don't seem to hear so much about today with our informative, fantastic and wonderful world wide web, where within an instant someone out there will have an answer and solution to your questions, problems and seemingly expert advice on what you can do about it.

Attachments

• 20240601_120329.jpg
    20240601_120329.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20240601_120412.jpg
    20240601_120412.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Would like to see the ads, the latest and greatest of the year and prices. Good bathroom page flipping.

I was out touring around on my bike yesterday and went to my local indoor flea market. I saw this box with a lot of early 1970s treasure magazines. I didn't see any pricing on it and being I was riding a bike, I didn't inquire about what they might want for the whole box. I use to love picking these magazines up at the store to read before this internet came along. They sure had some great stories and never seem to have any shortage of fantastic finds to read about. Makes me wonder was the majority of these stories really all that true they always seemed to come up with. The other thing was they told of so many legends of lost treasures you don't seem to hear so much about today with our informative, fantastic and wonderful world wide web, where within an instant someone out there will have an answer and solution to your questions, problems and seemingly expert advice on what you can do about it.
I’d have offered them $15 for the box. Cheap entertainment and a peek back in time.

Many of the stories are based embellished old newspaper stories, which are each embellished prior to publishing. Kind of like a “telephone game” beginning at the county the affair occurred in. Gets further from the truth the more folks printed it as news.

I do know someone respected on certain forums and magazines that helped recover a box of coins/nuggets who’s burial story was publish many times in treasure magazines from the 1960’s to present. One that I had happened to look for as a kid.

I picked up a large stack of those magazines a few years back for about $30.00

many of the columns written then where written by elderly people who witnessed first hand events as a young person.

when I was a kid back in the 60s I cut the grass for 2 old German farmers. they where born in the early 1880s same as my grandparents. if I would have had it together and knew then what I knew now, I would have talked to them ALOT more.

I’d have offered them $15 for the box. Cheap entertainment and a peek back in time.

Many of the stories are based embellished old newspaper stories, which are each embellished prior to publishing. Kind of like a “telephone game” beginning at the county the affair occurred in. Gets further from the truth the more folks printed it as news.

I do know someone respected on certain forums and magazines that helped recover a box of coins/nuggets who’s burial story was publish many times in treasure magazines from the 1960’s to present. One that I had happened to look for as a kid.
I was riding my bike. Maybe I'll get a chance to go back a make an offer on the lot. I didn't see any pricing on them.

Reactions: ARC
Score!

I would have bought them and come back to pick them up. They are in remarkable condition. Isn't that the "Old Man" (Karl von Mueller) on the cover? Under it is Volume 1, #1 of Long John Latham's True Treasure (September 1966). In that condition, it alone is probably worth what you'd pay for the whole box.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Score!

I would have bought them and come back to pick them up. They are in remarkable condition. Isn't that the "Old Man" (Karl von Mueller) on the cover? Under it is Volume 1, #1 of Long John Latham's True Treasure (September 1966). In that condition, it alone is probably worth what you'd pay for the whole box.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
No telling how all those will be priced. If by chance they're still there and reasonably priced I'll grab them.

I have that one on top and a slew of em more than what looks to be there,
I have not picked em up in some time... perhaps its time to dust em off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back