Bottom half of fat lead soldiers???

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I have absolutely no clue about these - found one in my yard (I think - it was a while ago) and assumed it was broken off from some toy. It kind of looks like a cartoon of a fat man's legs, dancing ::)
Just put it in the junk pile but then I found the other in a neighbor's yard, so evidently it's a thing that was purposely made this way....anyone know?? sugar packet for size ;)
Thanks in advance and HH!
Lara

Attachments

• IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 320
Hey Lara that is too wierd! I have no clue what it is, I think you may be on the right track with the soldier idea. How odd is that to find a two pair of dancing legs? Can't wait to see what people think!

Upvote 0
hi Kim!
doesn't it look like an old cartoon - like Wimpy from Popeye "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"?:)

Upvote 0
Hey, it takes TWO to tango...

Maybe they're partners?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
What would happen if you went to mount Olive?
Popeye would kick your ass!

Upvote 0
Them things is strange... :-\ Sure look like they were molded and then cut in the middle to make the "legs"!

Daddytopcat said:

8) LOL

Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:

heeheehee

yes, Jim, they are definitely molded - you can see the seams - but not on the "top" or "waist" - there, it looks like a blob. Somebody's got to know?!

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but was thinking that... um... think "lead poured into mold".

The "waist" was were lead was poured into larger mold, the lead flowed down the "legs" and filled the actual mold area to make the "whatsit". After dropping from the mold the "feet" were cut off the actual "whatsit" that was molded and left the thing you have now! What you have is the trash that was clipped off...

I prolly explained that like a dork...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back