black hawk central city GEO QUESTION

Gold_Striker said:
What makes this area of colorado conducive to producing gold? Is it because of the igneous intrusions there? or it said laramide intrusion i think on google earth. Can I go looking for matching geology and have a better chance of finding gold that way?

The Gold Prospectors Club of Colorado say's that you will find gold where it was found before. Central City had over 50,000 prospectors & miners in the day. They looked everywhere and mined where they found actually Silver.

The Spaniards were mining Gold & Silver for three hundred years from Mexico into Southern Colorado. They have left signs where they had mines and it's possible to find them if you know how to do it.

As far as I know all the gold in Colorado is Placer gold. Meaning you need to pan it. I have done a bit of panning and found "color" but it's hard work and won't pay wages. Every likely gold/silver site along Clear Creek already have claims.

I believe the mountain above Fairplay is called SilverHeels and the mother load has never been found. There are some active underground mines there that do dig nuggets and there are still some of those in Clear Creek all the way in Arvada.

Some prospectors do pack into remote areas and mine gold. A very few have admitted it since we all would like to know where their secret spots are.

If you can buy an existing claim that might work out. But remember that maybe 150,000 people have looked in every nook and cranny in Colorado and not many made any money.

The only good advice I ever had about Gold is to look for seams of rusty looking dirt along banks. And especially look for quartz crystals which frequently are found in the seams of gold. In forty years hunting & fishing in Colorado I have seen crystals only once. On top of a high peak east of Taylor Resv.

Join up with the GPOC for real experience and real claims with proven gold.
http://www.hookedongold.com/gpocinformation.html

BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back