Bit of advice needed please

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Just want to work something out in my head. Any advice or insight is welcome.

Bought a detector from an online secondhand shop. It was listed as an XP Deus 2. Arrived today and it's actually an XP Deus 1. Tbh the shop probably didn't know but anyway...
Cost was $600. Sadly it is no use to me as I want something that has a volume control for the built-in speaker as I don't like wearing headphones. I know I probably should but the only time I do is when I use my Sand Shark and that's only because they're hard wired.

I also have a near new XP ORX which again doesn't have a volume control for the external speaker. Bought the "Deus 2" with a view to selling the ORX as the Deus 2 has a volume control for the speaker but I've now ended up with two XP units, neither having a volume control for the external speaker. So, should I
  • return the Deus 1 for a refund and keep the ORX
  • sell the ORX and keep the Deus 1 (how much better is the D1 over the ORX anyway?)
or, as neither has a volume control for the external speaker
  • return the Deus 1, sell the ORX and buy a Nokta Legend
Worth mentioning is that I would have used the Deus 2 in seawater and both the D1 and the ORX are unsuitable for that purpose.

Really undecided which way to go.

Thanks for reading.

Hey all. Just want to work something out in my head. Any advice or insight is welcome.

Bought a detector from an online secondhand shop. It was listed as an XP Deus 2. Arrived today and it's actually an XP Deus 1. Tbh the shop probably didn't know but anyway...
Cost was $600. Sadly it is no use to me as I want something that has a volume control for the built-in speaker as I don't like wearing headphones. I know I probably should but the only time I do is when I use my Sand Shark and that's only because they're hard wired.

I also have a near new XP ORX which again doesn't have a volume control for the external speaker. Bought the "Deus 2" with a view to selling the ORX as the Deus 2 has a volume control for the speaker but I've now ended up with two XP units, neither having a volume control for the external speaker. So, should I
  • return the Deus 1 for a refund and keep the ORX
  • sell the ORX and keep the Deus 1 (how much better is the D1 over the ORX anyway?)
or, as neither has a volume control for the external speaker
  • return the Deus 1, sell the ORX and buy a Nokta Legend
Worth mentioning is that I would have used the Deus 2 in seawater and both the D1 and the ORX are unsuitable for that purpose.

Really undecided which way to go.

Thanks for reading.
Return the item as it's not what was advertised.
Anybody private or a business knows the difference between a Deus 1 & 2.
Look different, and are different.
Go for the Deus ll going forward.

I have used the Deus ll once without headphones.
I will say the I probably dug unnecessary targets, and missed good targets.
Headphones for any machine is a must if one us serious about hearing all the tones.
The VDI is great on the D2, but let that be the secondary to the ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back