Bigrigs Best Day Of The Year!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi All,
Well today didn't start out to good,with a rough day at work and workind day 8 of 11 in a row I was getting abit outta sorts till a friend stopped by and invited me to hunt a house from 1908 with him.He just bought it at a auction and he owns a raio shack model and wanted me to try my MXT.My first signal was a 78 at 4in and that is always a good sign and I was right.A 1952 rosie came out.Silver coin in 2 minutes not bad.i found a 1913 wheat next and from that moment on it was all good.2 mercury dimes(1941,1937) came from the front yard along with some wheats a 1927 buffalo nickel from the side yard 3 wheats in the same hole it was alot of fun.I did find a few clad(9 clad coins)but totaled 1 buff,2mercs,1,rosie,15 wheats in about 2 hours of hunting.This was the most older coins I have found in one trip this year.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• silver finds today.jpg
    silver finds today.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 441
  • silver backs.jpg
    silver backs.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 435
  • 1927buff.jpg
    1927buff.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 435
  • buff back.jpg
    buff back.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 455
  • wheaties.jpg
    wheaties.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 422
  • 1913.jpg
    1913.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
NICE.

CONGRATS !

jeff

what an awesome day! congratulations bigrig!! man...aint those mercs pretty?

Excellent B/R!

HH

Lonewolfe

What a great day bigrig!You really know that machine as we can all see.WTG!!

I don't know how you could top all your other "Bigrig" days, but you did. Nice hunt, BR!

Man Bigrig, I'de say a good day....look at the coinage...Nice Dig!!

Dave

WoW!! That is a great day. Kinda makes up for the last seven ya had to work in a row almost. Got that MXT tuned in good too. Nice work Mike. HH

Just when I think I've got you figured out...
I was expecting to see a mountain of clad totalling $75 or so. ;D

Nice stuff Bigrig!

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! I need a hunt like that!!

Would it not be nice if every hunt yielded that? Those wheat's in one hole! I bet the person that lost those lost them around the time of the coins because a pocket full of wheat's would be rare in more modern times.

WTG!! Keep @ it and HH!!

Nice haul Bigrig. How did your friend do with his detector. Since he was nice enough to invite you I hope he had good hunting too. ;D

very cool day man!hats off to ya nice coins!the buff is sweet love the silver ;D missed the 14 d by a year DOH an 13 s in g4 condition is $7 bucks a 13 d is 3.50 plain date is a buck

Congrats. It's a great example of why private homes are some of the best sites. Most have never been hunted. Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back