BIG SILVER....1919 Walking Half...Yippee!

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Found my third Walker this year. Found this at a local park at about five to six inches deep, using the EXPII. It was giving an erratic signal, jumping all around, but sounded decent enough. Turned out, there was a couple of rusty bottle caps masking the signal. Once those were removed, the signal about blew my eardrums out. Also got eight wheaties and this little Sterling silver ring with a red stone in it.

Attachments

• 1919obverse.jpg
    1919obverse.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 761
  • 1919reverse.jpg
    1919reverse.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 764
  • 2005-02-09 06-25-20_0001.JPG
    2005-02-09 06-25-20_0001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 752
Upvote 0
Sounds like a really fun hunt! Congrats on your 3rd walker this year.. :)

Oh yeah! THAT'S AWESOME!!

I love doing that ~ removing the junk and being rewarded with real TREASURE!!

Earlier this year I was detecting with three or four guys from our local detecting club ~ we were in a strip of grass that was littered with caps ~ everyone moved on quickly, but I decided to pull 'em out and see what else was there . . . . I ended up with a 1901 IHC, 1915-S Wheat cent, and a 1936 Merc dime!

Way to go on that sweet Walker. I really like that ring too.

Hey! We can start a 1919 walker club now! lol

Mine was laying right on the surface since it was first lost and considering the condition it was probably lost in the first few years of its life. Yeah right,.........on top?....you may be saying! But let me tell you where it was.

I had been working an area for a few weeks and there was a pile of rocks on this short hillside. Some of the rocks were as big as my computer monitor. I had worked all around the rocks and had some great finds. One day I got to looking at those rocks and I thought that maybe back in the day, people may have climbed on them. I started to carefully scan the rocks with my 1280X. I began to get strong signals and thought maybe it was just falsing on the rocks. I zeroed in on one spot and started moving some smaller rocks aside. The signals were very distinct then and I got down and looked between the bigger rocks and all I could say was WOW! There were several coins visible and the Walker was laying flat, face up. There were barber quarters and halves and also a 1800's Canadian half scattered in among the rocks.

It makes me realize that coins can be lost anywhere and you have to be open to check some of the strange spots out there. That spot was just a few feet from where I found my only Morgan dollar a week later.

Congrats on a great Walker! That date is hard to come by!

Good luck!...........HH

Those are two beautiful finds for sure. Those walkers are totally cool coins. Congrats on a great day of success ;D

Beautiful early date Walker. Hard to come by those teen dates that are worn slick.

Funny. I found four Walkers last year and only one so far this year. They really are hard to come by.

8) Doug! 8) Beautiful seems to be the on going word for those finds! :o

Congrats on a fantastic hunt! Nana :)

Nice Walker and I like the little Red Ruby sterling ring.
Third one huh? Man you are on a role.
Still looking for my first walker.
I haven't found silver in years.
Will find some this year though for sure.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back