BIG SILVER....1919 Walking Half...Yippee!

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Found my third Walker this year. Found this at a local park at about five to six inches deep, using the EXPII. It was giving an erratic signal, jumping all around, but sounded decent enough. Turned out, there was a couple of rusty bottle caps masking the signal. Once those were removed, the signal about blew my eardrums out. Also got eight wheaties and this little Sterling silver ring with a red stone in it.

Attachments

• 1919obverse.jpg
    1919obverse.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 761
  • 1919reverse.jpg
    1919reverse.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 764
  • 2005-02-09 06-25-20_0001.JPG
    2005-02-09 06-25-20_0001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 752
Upvote 0
Walkers dont come easy congrats aa

nice silver love the WL good job nice ring too

I didn't care to much for the scans, so I thought I would post a couple of better pictures

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMGP1309.JPG
    IMGP1309.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 727
  • IMGP1310.JPG
    IMGP1310.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 730
Very nice Walker and ring Illinois Doug ;) Bet you're glad you removed those bottle caps ;D You just never know.

HH....James

Now that's a nice coin. Great shape for a 1919, usually those are worn slick.
Congrats!

Doug,
Fantastic coin. Congrats to you. I better start digging those erratic signals too! :o
-MM-

Congrats....very nice Walker and nice ring as well...WTG!!!

That's my favorite coin by far. It's comes down to skill when we are able to notice those subtle differences that make us investigate a signal.

Good Work, thanks for sharing..

HH

I still need to find my first IDoug...But this just goes to show with the erratic signal's,I don't trust anyone these day's...why should I trust erratic signal's....Very nice job and beautiful coin...Congrat's and HH!!

NICE! That's an early one..it's in great shape..congrats!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back