Big Heavy Ring!!!

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello again.. I found this ring about 20 years ago and have no idea where it came from, what it is made of or who made it or how old it is.. I found it in Alabaster, Al. laying by the side of a railroad track.. It it large and very heavy.. I could be made of pewter, steel, silver, I'm not sure but again it is HEAVY. It has a profile of a face of some sort on the top and shields on each side made from copper, bronze or maybe even brass, with what appears to be an armour helmet mad with what also could be copper, bronze or brass... The inside of thr ring is smoothe with no marks what so ever and was just wondering if anyone could help me identify it or had seen anything like it before.. Pics Below..
DSCF0668.JPGDSCF0666.JPGDSCF0699.JPGDSCF0688.JPGDSCF0686.JPGDSCF0675.JPGDSCF0693.JPG

Thanks, that's what I thought, just don't have any idea of it's age or why it was found in Alabama...

Upvote 0
I have the same ring design with a few design changes, no doubt they are from the same maker
inside the band is etched (not stamped) Mexico
It was passed down to me, im guessing it was from a road trip in the 70s but cant be sure
I have pics of my ring to show, just trying to figure out how to get them posted here.
I wouldnt rule out some gold content on this ring due to the patina
BradyBoy

Upvote 0
The inside of my ring is as smoothe as a baby's behind. Nothing etched, stamped, scratched or any marks whatever on the inside...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back