76.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1617306031.jpg
    image-1617306031.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1665568440.jpg
    image-1665568440.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
That must have been a really, really Large one Painter, will be interesting to see what everyone says...nice find. :)

That sure would have been a beauty, looks like it may have been a large knife. The bottom of it in the first two photos, is that what was the base?

Thanks y'all yes that is the base it sure is thin wow

HB for sure on that one.

I'm guessing you're in central KY'ish. They are large square based knives in the area. A little further east it could be Wadlow related but I think you have a KY variety of square stemmed knife. I've found a couple broken ones similar to what you have but I've never seen them typed. Tennessee River Knife is as close as I've seen in a book. Very cool either way.

I'm guessing you're in central KY'ish. They are large square based knives in the area. A little further east it could be Wadlow related but I think you have a KY variety of square stemmed knife. I've found a couple broken ones similar to what you have but I've never seen them typed. Tennessee River Knife is as close as I've seen in a book. Very cool either way.
thanks twitch I'm on the tn ky line in Tennessee right on the Tennessee river

i keep looking at that piece and try to imagine how enormous it must have been.....and yet so thin

Thank you Larson and twitch !!! This area means a lot to me other than artifacts as well I love it here and it's nice watching my kids play in the same creek I did as a kid .. And Larson i was really excited to find the bottom and my son and I were guessing on how big it would of been one day we will get that whole piece just gotta keep looking haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back