BIG CLAD - I MEAN REALLY BIG CLAD.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone raided grandpa's coin collect. This was found in the wood chips of a tot lot today.

It's been a long time since I've seen one of these. And the first time finding one.

Dollar_Obv.JPG
Dollar_Rev.JPG

Upvote 14
I dont think there's too many of those found at all and if so share the luxury... :-) ;-) :-* :-D

Very cool.

Ha, nice find, must of blown your ears off.

Nice find for sure. They are so big I just can't imagine loosing on out of your pocket and not knowing.
Congrats,
ZDD

Cool prob, someones lucky Dollar . p.s. are you gonna take DaintyD up on her offer?

Last edited:
Totally cool to dig a bicentennial dollar from a tot lot! :occasion16::wav::occasion16: Most kids just lose their toy cars, lol. Andi

It just plain does my heart and soul good, when I uncover a great big silver/gold/clad coin like this one. I think I'd rather find something like this then a ring. When they uncover and shine up at me, well, all seems right with the world at the moment.

WTG!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm guessing it was brought in for show and tell. I'm sure the parent/grandparent was not happy that it didn't make it home. (But what do you expect? LOL) Nice Tot Lot find.

I'm guessing it was brought in for show and tell. I'm sure the parent/grandparent was not happy that it didn't make it home. (But what do you expect? LOL) Nice Tot Lot find.

Come now, let's not be hasty. Let's give the kids of today some credit.

I'm figuring an ole, senile prone grandpa who was looking at his lucky piece while watching the grandkids and just missed his pocket with his feeble fingers. ;) LOL

It's a funny hobby, isn't it? If I received one of those in change, I would ask for a dollar bill instead. Last month, I was cleaning out some stuff and ended up taking a roll of Ikes to the bank. Yet, if I found one hunting, I think it would make my week.

HH

TCK

I found this Ike on my anniversary. We were at Julia Pfeifer State Beach. I was detecting the rock strewn pathway down to the beach area. The cool thing is not only did I find it on my anniversary but it's dated 1972 the year we were married :) Rich

001.JPG

Sweet find ! They don't come around very often . I found two early this year and they always get the heart pumping :headbang:
Glen

Way to go on the large Ike. :thumbsup: Under the monkey bars or bottom of a slide?
Amazing what kids bring to school. :laughing7:
-MM-

I found my first Ike dollar at the start of this summer, looked like it it had been buried for a while and came up the sad brown color of clad. Still was fun to find though.

I found this Ike on my anniversary. We were at Julia Pfeifer State Beach. I was detecting the rock strewn pathway down to the beach area. The cool thing is not only did I find it on my anniversary but it's dated 1972 the year we were married :) Rich

It's been years since last time I was at Pfeifer. It's funny how the finds come down, sometimes. My first silver find was a 1919 Merc dime, the year my grandfather was born. I first detected with him in the 80's. I still have his detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back