big big big silver

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
had a great day out today !! my first silver dollar coin ... man , what a rush....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D if ya ain't got one yet, i hope ya get one soon...... :) :) :)
it was at 5 in' and the scratch on the cheek is mine,, but hey,, she's still hot !!
the canadian nickle is 1942,, it's not silver is it ??

i got a large cent at this spot a few weeks ago,, so you can imagine what was goin through my mind when i first realized it was a dollar.... :o :o :o :o :o :o

Attachments

• morgan 1.jpg
    morgan 1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,345
  • morgan 2.jpg
    morgan 2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,335
  • snickle.jpg
    snickle.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,335
Upvote 0
Beautiful dollar! Someone told me that Canada stopped making silver coins a long time ago...seems like he said 1917. Any of you Canadians out there?

Your hard work and persistence really paid off Rick.
Yeah baby!! Congrats!
I knifed a 1921 morgan in the face also so don't feel bad.
Those coins are sooooo big, it's an easy this to doo.
Way to go man, I am really happy for you!

Smiles!
BDoo

That is a real beauty...regarding the Canadian nickel...not silver. The nickel ceased being silver in 1922. All other denominations reamined silver until 1968.

Congrats on the Morgan. I got my first a couple of months ago. The same as yours. Same year. High mintage numbers on the 1921 Morgan. Definitely a rush when I saw it in the bottom of the hole. Good luck and happy hunting.
Mike in NJ

Nice find! Of all the dollar signals I've dug, only one was, and it was a spectacular feeling; you know it now.

Green,
Congrats to you. What a find!!! It amazes how someone could lose one of those big suckers. You think it would break a toe if it dropped on your foot. ;D
What are those other items? Pendant? Buttons on the top of right column?
Great hunt,
MM

wow
when it comes to pulling silver from the ground, it doesn't get much better than that !

i've never found one yet - but i'm still looking ;)

thanks for posting it

vp

Very awesome. Halves get me pumped...A whole would get me double pumped! ;D ;D

I got the same coin yesterday in Storms coin collection sell off. :)

Bob

That would be a dream find for me..congrats on the big silver..that's an AMAZING find.

Nat

ahhhhhhhhhhhh very nice find !!!!!!!!!!!!! i only ever found one. it too is a 1921. sure gives yah a thrill. would love to find another. again cool find !

WOW!!! I bet you did back flips when you uncovered that! Way to go, and may the luck stay with you!

WoW! That is probably my favourite silver dollar. I love those Morgans, and the detail on yours is outstanding! About the nickel...It is 100% nickel. If it was the 12 sided 1942 variety it would be 88% copper and 12% zinc i.e. tombac. Hope that helps. H.H. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back