DSCF1182.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF1183.JPG
    DSCF1183.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF1186.JPG
    DSCF1186.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 196
The gold on the stamps is only plated and basically worthless. I dont think the stamps were made by the same RD company.

Upvote 0
Good research BigCypt,But those babies are to rich for us readers digest searchers!!!
IF any one has a phone # for readers digest lay it on me I have the connections to get the answer!!!

Upvote 0
I will as soon as u research guys get a # or web sight my peeps will make contact with RD

Thanks SPUD

Upvote 0
ummm...just gave you rd's research email.Its right above your post.its the link that says [email protected].if the link is not showing you may have links disabled in your settings
cheers

Upvote 0
i did a logo search,and could not find a "readers digest" logo like that
and i couldnt find a R.D. in an oval logo at the site,it could be a dead
logo and no img, or maybe a logo from another country

i searched here
Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business | Trademarkia.
have not looked here much
Find That Logo, The Search Engine For Logos?

as stated I too was unable to connect the logo to readers digest.I suspect it was a one off,"collectable"on hsn or qvc or the like but cant yet confirm

Upvote 0
bet your glad their wasn't money on that bet spud!It never seizes to amaze me what some people know on here!Luv this site.

Upvote 0
I couldnt find the RD logo either. These gold toned aluminum thingies are weird. I dont think they have any connection to the 22k plated stamps. I dont think they were ever meant to fool anybody into buying gold. Why a cadillac? Why would somebody collect so many? Maybe they are some kind of game pieces that you collect each time you make a purchase.

Writing a note to the eBay sellers may reveal a clue...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sending these questions to the Ebay seller with the presentation box.

Can you tell me where you obtained these items? What does RD stand for? Does it say anything on the box? What is 15160?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im surprised that an eBay seller doesnt respond to an active listing. 2 messages sent.

Upvote 0
Readers Digest Badge

Look in the Readers digest Almanac saw something there about page 136 on wikipid.
Then I googled that and found out that page 136 had something to do with zip codes in the index.
Other #'s in the 17224 ,Are 17 million subcriptions,22 countries.Thats all I know guys.
Run with that!

Thanks
SPUD:BangHead:

Upvote 0
Received reply:

Dear bigcypresshunter,

Hi, I'm not completely sure where these came from, they were brought in from other coin collections that we had purchased. Any ideas ?

Thanks

dave

Upvote 0

Attachments

• readersdigest.JPG
    readersdigest.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 82
  • readersdigest2.jpg
    readersdigest2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Good research Bramble. Okay, i'll eat my wordS. I may not have said it but I really thought it had nothing to do with Reader's Digest. seems I was wrong. It is a Reader's Digest token. I didn't realize they had so many types and varieties of tokens and in different countries too. I think it is a type of token where you had to match the numbers to win a prize maybe, maybe not. One of their sweepstakes tokens maybe. They even have replica coin type tokens and Spanish reales too. Here is a long thread that discusses all kinds of RD tokens- Readers Digest advertising tokens It doesn't show the one posted here but it does show the diversity of them. Who knew? Not me. Even though my mom used to read RD faithfully when I was a kid and I used to read it after she was done. Here is a similar one shown- Readers Digest 20190 - Commercial tokens with no payment value - Catawiki

299bca68-6c8e-11e3-804c-712922e72bc6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back