Best Detector for the money

I'll be hunting mostly land. Can the coils get wet (submerged a few inches) on land use machines?
I've added the CZ5, Sovereign GT to my list to look closely at. Also the Ace 250, but there seems to be a lot of pros/cons on that one. I won't get to the beach often, but I want one that can be used on wet salt sand along with dry land.
Living in NE CT, there are old homes everywhere. My occupation brings me to a lot of them. I'm thinking when I have downtime between stops, these old homes could produce some nice silver, IH, etc. (with permission of course).

The Sovereign is one that is very good for hunting both land and dry/wet sand at the ocean beaches. You will have to learn the tones but you can also pick up a good meter if you wish to augment it. If you keep your eye open you can find one in the $350 to $450 range used or $700 new.

To me it was an easy machine to learn, just as the Excal was easy, of course I learned it as a newbie, having never used a digital detector and that may be why it was easy to me. I think many of the people who complain about Minelab and the tones being hard to learn is because they are use to reading and relying on a graph interpreting what is in the ground.

There are several meters available for the Sov, I have 2 myself, but when hunting the beach I do not use a meter due to the salt spray....

Good luck and good hunting......

Why purchase a used machine sans warranty when you can get a brand new Tesoro silver uMax for $240 with a lifetime warranty?

Or you could purchase a Little Yeller Feller for $30 less than that and get a 2yr warranty.

By the time your 2 months is up there should be plenty of reviews on the new F-2 posted, also.

R M P T R

A good Sovereign GT even without a warranty is a fantastic machine , It rocks on the dry land, ask Michigan Badger, it hunts deep on the dry and wet sand at a salt water beach, and it can even hunt in the salt water with no problem from the salt or any pieces of iron, just as long as your carful to not get the electronics wet.

Nothing against the Tesoro line at all, but he said he wanted to also be able to hunt the salt water beach, every thing I have heard and read says you can't do that with a Silver Max, but you can sure clean up a beach full of targets with a Sov.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back