Best day in quite a while - 7 enders

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Had the 3rd off from work so I spent a couple of hours driving around looking for coins. Ended up with basically right at 2 boxes worth of pennies, 2 boxes worth of nickels and 2 boxes worth of dimes. Didn't get any quarters and could only find 10 CWR's of halves to go along with ~$10 loose. Second bank of the day I scored a 'P' reverse nickel ender on a MWR to go with a reverse wheat ender. Hadn't found either of those in quite a while. Fourth bank gave up 2 CWR half rolls. First one had a '69-D obverse ender but no other silver in the roll. 2nd roll had a lone '68-D. Several banks later a teller directs me to go to her home branch because they have 'a ton' of halves and 'have had them for years'. We all know 'a ton' and 'for years' get interpreted differently by different people so I head out there with no expectations. The had 8 rolls, 2 of one type, 6 that are tight rolled and taped. I open the 2 first and they're skunks. I cracked the first of the 6 open and find 11 40%ers. Best roll in quite a while. I save the other 5 for the kids when I get home. Turns out there were 4 total enders in the other 5 rolls, which contained 15, 12, 12, 9 & 8 silvers, all 40%ers. Total of 67 from 6 rolls, 69 total for the day. Also ended with 3 war nickels, 2 buffalo's ('36 & '35) and 12 wheats. Got skunked on the dimes. Over 72 silvers for the days in my best day in quite a while. 7 total enders always makes for a fun day. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I've found some good old coins this year but this was my first day over ~20 silvers in probably a year so it was a welcome sight. Also please I resisted opening the other 5 rolls until I got home so the wife and kids could have at them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back