Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, but is it common to cast something and carve it afterwards ?

Upvote 0
One is worked and one did not get that far.
Abandoned project for one reason or another.

Upvote 0
One is worked and one did not get that far.
Abandoned project for one reason or another.
What isn't worked? The last 2 photos show the backs I believe. All pieces looked worked to me, unless I'm missing something.

The good thing is you have all 4 pieces, all you need is a belt. Possibly an amateur but not a naive one. Although I don't see any Native American motifs on it, I wouldn't dismiss the thought, especially since many Native pieces are unmarked. I would say Southwestern made if nothing else. I wonder if it's sterling or coin silver?

Upvote 0
The back loops are brass soldered to the silver fronts the last pic shows the end of the tip where the belt goes in. Probably a 1940s style woman's belt

Upvote 0
Looks like it was the metal work from the old Ranger Belts you could buy at the prisons in some of the states. Not sure if the prisons still make Ranger belts or not, still have four my self, when the belt goes bad I just keep the hardware.For those who knew their prison belts you could tell where a person purchased the belt by the style of the silver, like this one looks like either Angola out of La or Huntsville Texas the Walls Unit.

Upvote 0
Looks like it was the metal work from the old Ranger Belts you could buy at the prisons in some of the states. Not sure if the prisons still make Ranger belts or not, still have four my self, when the belt goes bad I just keep the hardware.For those who knew their prison belts you could tell where a person purchased the belt by the style of the silver, like this one looks like either Angola out of La or Huntsville Texas the Walls Unit.
I didn't know that's why they called them Ranger belts. Thanks for the history lesson.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back