MINELAB X-30, X-505

Attachments

• medal 001.jpg
    medal 001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 310
  • medal 002.jpg
    medal 002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 336
This may be hard to find. Its similar to this beer tray, apparently awarded a Gold Medal in 1952... also very nutritional. :D
Grand Prize beer.jpggrand prize beer medal.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great work you guys. Thank you SO much. I was lost on this one because i didn't realize that "Grand Prize" was the actual name of the brewery. i was thinking it was just a "grand prize medal" haha. :P

Haven't found any info on the medal itself, but did run across some interesting info about the brewery.
Thanks again for all the help. you guys rock

"Howard Hughes’ connection with the Houston-based Hughes Tool Company is fairly well-known. It is less well-known that Hughes started a brewery in Houston, on the grounds of the Hughes Tool Company, called Gulf Brewing Company. Hughes opened the brewery at the end of Prohibition, and its profits helped the tool company survive the Depression.

Gulf Brewing Company produced Grand Prize beer, which for a time was the best-selling beer in Texas. It has been reported that a beer called Grand Prize beer was also produced prior to Prohibition, by the Houston Ice and Brewing Company. While that may be accurate, any confusion is likely connected to the fact that Hughes’ Grand Prize brewery was operated by the man who served as brewmaster at Houston Ice and Brewing before Prohibition. In 1913, while he was brewmaster at the Houston Ice and Brewing Company, Belgian-Houstonian Frantz Brogniez was awarded Grand Prize at the last International Conference of Breweries for his Southern Select beer - beating out 4,096 competing brewers. Brogniez left Houston during Prohibition, but Hughes convinced him to return to serve as brewmaster for the Gulf Brewing Company. Brogniez’ son operated the brewery after his father’s death."

And thanks for the pic BCH. And look.........this beer has "real beer flavor" !! :D

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
jeffandmistie(TEXAS) said:
Great work you guys. Thank you SO much. I was lost on this one because i didn't realize that "Grand Prize" was the actual name of the brewery. i was thinking it was just a "grand prize medal" haha. :P
I just realized myself. I was wondering what brand beer it was. duh. :-[ :D
This can is $104 asking price.

Attachments

• grand prize beer can.jpg
    grand prize beer can.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back