Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in April of this year I was on my way to another site when I noticed to my surprise that they had cleared a piece of ground with a bulldozer that I had my eye on for about 25 years now. This ground had been so thick with trees, weeds and brush that you wouldn't even think of going in there. I managed to get 4 or 5 short hunts in before the weeds took over again. But I continued to check on this property whenever I was in the area. Last Wednesday I drove by and noticed the bulldozer had smoothed the ground over and cleared all the dead trees, etc. I spent a couple more hours on the site Wednesday and Thursday last week with the following results. It will be developed soon, so I was glad to save what I could when I got the chance.
Note: the button commemorating the Duke of Wellington's victory a Waterloo was found a couple months ago at this site, but never posted.

Attachments

• All Clean.jpg
    All Clean.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • LC -Front.jpg
    LC -Front.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 67
  • LC - Back.jpg
    LC - Back.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Copper - dirt.jpg
    Copper - dirt.jpg
    999.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Etched Tombac.jpg
    Etched Tombac.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Spoon Handle.jpg
    Spoon Handle.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Wellington Button.jpg
    Wellington Button.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Upvote 38
I dream of a site like that! Housing developments are going up all around me these days and all that land is lost once the houses go up. I have contacts with most of the excavating contractors through work, but never get permission as they are afraid, I might find something that will shut down their jobs.

Congrats on getting in and saving what you could!

Back in April of this year I was on my way to another site when I noticed to my surprise that they had cleared a piece of ground with a bulldozer that I had my eye on for about 25 years now. This ground had been so thick with trees, weeds and brush that you wouldn't even think of going in there. I managed to get 4 or 5 short hunts in before the weeds took over again. But I continued to check on this property whenever I was in the area. Last Wednesday I drove by and noticed the bulldozer had smoothed the ground over and cleared all the dead trees, etc. I spent a couple more hours on the site Wednesday and Thursday last week with the following results. It will be developed soon, so I was glad to save what I could when I got the chance.
Note: the button commemorating the Duke of Wellington's victory a Waterloo was found a couple months ago at this site, but never posted.
Congrats on the nice. I'd be looking for the rest of that spoon. That must have been really nice!

Congrats on the nice. I'd be looking for the rest of that spoon. That must have been really nice!
Thanks. It's unusual to find a cast pewter spoon with a design like that. Most are just plain as I'm sure you know. Also, the pewter from this site has been in unusually good condition.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back