FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son has a friend that owns a 3 million dollar condo on the Gulf & Naples Beach. He got me permission to park at his place and this gave me private access to the beach. There are several tall condos in the area so I was pumped as I know there are a lot of Europeans there along with huge money .

It was the first real test for the 300. It worked great never missed a beat and it does go deep. I spent a straight eight hours in the water and walked over two miles and didn't find anything but junk.

I am not sure if it is because the beaches are sanded in or not. It appeared that this area was. There is not a ton of people on these beaches but enough and it doesn't appear to have been hunted and if it was not hard. I have been there twice and same thing Nada.

Can't understand it maybe there just isn't enough people to lose the stuff. I guess I will let it rest until next spring.

It was a great day though calm water , and I had a manatee (huge) almost bump into me, and headed for two girls and to say they screamed when it came out of the water next to them would have been a under statement lol...

Now if I could just find that bottom place I might find something in the water huh?

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 472
  • clam diggers.jpg
    clam diggers.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
Locals know better than to wear it. The tourest beaches or public are the ones i find that produce. Nice find though :thumbsup:

YA THE TOURIST BEACHES IS THE PLACE WHERE...

THE BEACHES HERE THAT HAVE THE ARCADES,BARS ECT..WHERE LOTS OF OUT OF TOWNERS GO IS WHERE WE GET THE MOST...PEOPLE FROM CANADA COME TO NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND BEACHES BY THE BUNCH ECT.....THE LOCAL SPOTS WHERE THERE ARE JUST COTTAGES..JUST DON'T GIVE UP AS MUCH!! I'M HAPPY THE BEACH HUNTERS TREATING YOU WELL!! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I LOVE MINE!!!!!!!! HH! :icon_sunny: :thumbsup: :icon_pirat:

txkickergirl said:
I really love the silver heart and what it says

I am not sure what that is it appears to be old although the area isn't so maybe it was passed down to someone. Looks like it may have had a back of some sort on it. Gave off a very strong signal at about 16" in chest deep water....

Nice start with the new machine (yes it does go DEEP)!!! :thumbsup:

I bet that beach would give up old gold after a good storm! :wink:

Thanks!

Bill , its sanded in here Big time thats the problem. people are in the water and losing stuff but the gold is getting move around a bunch or out further ,, hell Im ankle deep knee deep waist deep and neck deep . still ,,goose egg. Im still trying to figure it out ... oh well. You did good today regardless. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

Same experience here - My sons and I stayed at a friend's time-share on Marco Island in May. Beautiful place and we thought we would do great with all three of us out hunting for three days[size=11pt]. We found so little and were really surprised since we didn't see anyone else out with their detectors. We even went over around the pier on Naples beach and did worse - don't think we fund $1.00 (new coins) between us. But we had fun and loved being able to go. [/size]

Bill, That was good to hear. I was begining to think we were snake bit!

:tard:

Re: Bill, That was good to hear. I was begining to think we were snake bit!

Jdubya said:

Not as much as I was JW, thanks again for all the patience and making everything great.

Anyone that needs anything from Kellyco should get a hold of you because
YouAreTheMansmileyanimated.gif

To many Lawrence Welk fans down in marco island ;D ;D ;D ;D all costume jewelry. Guzz1

My whole month of June was like that, nothing for me but clad and pull tops........but July is here. :thumbsup:

Glad that new machine has worked out for you.

the pendant is silver and I would say Brighton, maybe James Avery, but the design looks to be Brighton to me. I had a slight addiction to brigthon jewlery and handbags at one time, but I wasn't crazy enought to buy the real ones at $300+ a bag when I could get the look alikes for under $50. Thank god I grew out of that addiction and now am addicted to md.....at $600-800 a detector. lol :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back