Bass fishing

gold man

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008
well lets try this post Is there any bass fishermen out there besides me that might be watching the bassmaster classic on Tv this weekend and what do you think who do you think will win

Attachments

• largemouth504.jpg
    largemouth504.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 574
Nice Bass. I was rootin' for Skeet Reece this weekend, but it looks like he will miss out again on the Classic title. The guy has the worst luck. Oh well...I guess angler of the year is alright.

That bass would look much better if he had my lure in his mouth. Nice underwater pic. though. Fishings getting tough here with the quagga and Zebra mussel issues.

aaahhh fishing season! i really need to get out this year!

Before I discovered treasure hunting, Bass fishing was the hobby. That and photography...I still have tons of plastic worms, all kinds of colors, scents. Last year did manage to get out there once only and later after bedding was over. Was out long enough to get a good eating size Bass, tasted good as they usually do from the water I fished. Most other places in my area even smaller ones aren't so nice eating, bad tasting sometimes.

Smallies are my business. I got 7 over 22" last season, I'll probably be guiding this summer. Right now we have roughly 2' of snow on the ground and life sucks......... :'( :'( :'(

Love those bass! All types. On the feather river in ca. I catch alot of small mouth. 22" is a nice smally. Some times I'll have a small bass on, and a striper will hit it. Quite a site.

Hard to be a slave to 2 masters (treasure hunting and fishing ) If your ever @ central Ohio. Look me up and I'll hook you up with some river smallmouth. 1-3 pounds average i have caught them up to 5 . Not the lake Erie giants but lots of them and some bonus species too.

Tight lines and gold tones amigo..............

Ace Villav 8)

4# in my avatar. Caught a couple bigger since then. Had largemouth that were over 6 a couple times during the spawn. fish aprox. 20 tournaments a year, a lot for NY's 6 month season.

Hi Gold Man!
Have you ever heard of Lake Fork (Emory, Tx) Known for the biggest bass ever!
I won the first Ladys Division there in the Skeeter Boat Owners Tournament one year, had to get on stage with Fish Fishburn (im sure you've seen him on the Bassmaster Classics) Im pretty quit (in real life anyway) and i had to get on stage with him infront of thousands of people, i was so nervous i thought i was gonna pass out! Then they aired it on TV!
Anyway, going again this year, wish me luck, still trying to win that new boat. I told Hubby if i did i'd sell it to him! :wink: LOL

~Trish~ said:
Hi Gold Man!
Have you ever heard of Lake Fork (Emory, Tx) Known for the biggest bass ever!
I won the first Ladys Division there in the Skeeter Boat Owners Tournament one year, had to get on stage with Fish Fishburn (im sure you've seen him on the Bassmaster Classics) Im pretty quit (in real life anyway) and i had to get on stage with him infront of thousands of people, i was so nervous i thought i was gonna pass out! Then they aired it on TV!
Anyway, going again this year, wish me luck, still trying to win that new boat. I told Hubby if i did i'd sell it to him! :wink: LOL

That's too cool!!! Good luck this year.

Best I have managed is a 7th in the BASS Weekend Series and a NY team championship. No Fish Fishburn moments, but the stage time is memorable for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back