Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpgI've been trying out new spots past few weeks, some are better than others. I was determined to hunt today despite the gale force winds, rain, ice, and snow, I should have worn an insulated wet suit! Even my pin pointer didn't want to be out there.
First target the pin pointer battery dies! With that fixed back out into the onslaught of early winter. Word of advice, wear gloves!:tongue3:
I got in all of 30 minutes before I was forced to go back to the truck to warm up my frozen fingers. Kinda hard to pick up the coin when you can't feel your fingers! I haven't felt pain like that since I was a kid. I had to thaw my fingers before I could drive.
Today's finds- a quarter and 7 cents, last week was better.:BangHead:
I want to try and get in some beach detecting, but it doesn't look like the weather is going to let up. We now have snow on the windshield and in patches on the ground.....I guess winter has arrived! The one good thing in today's hunt, no trash! First pic last week second was today. .:sadsmiley: image.jpg.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Looks like we are getting what you got yesterday.
I hear you on the numb fingers, with no sense of feeling. Even the rubberized gloves that I like because of the fit, and being able to pick up small things have little to no insulation value, are still a lot better than none.

Yeah, I guess it really wasn't such a bad day to work....at least I was indoors, lol.

hey a cold miserable detecting day Is better than a great day at work lol

I will take a day detecting in any kind of weather I can pin point and retrieve the target in. Last year I actually chiseled a few targets out of he frozen ground till the blisters on my palms hurt too much.

If you see a person in a moon suit out detecting it's probably me! Still need to see about getting a back hoe. Lol!

I will take a day detecting in any kind of weather I can pin point and retrieve the target in. Last year I actually chiseled a few targets out of he frozen ground till the blisters on my palms hurt too much.

If you see a person in a moon suit out detecting it's probably me! Still need to see about getting a back hoe. Lol!

Well, you can borrow any of the equipment on my list. But, I would like it back. ;)

Keep on a truckin'! :)

Hi Msbeep, went detecting Sunday afternoon but didn't get anything significant, was a old home site had super trash count there. I wear those nitrile blue gloves then the cloth nitrile covered gloves over the thin ones. And carry a towel on my tool belt to wipe dirt off of my gloves but also when gloves are wet the towel is good for drying them off. Wet hand equal cold / frozen hands if there is any wind and the temperature is low. As soon as I have trouble with fingers being frozen the detecting is done for me unless the temperatures go up !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back