Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had rain over night and every time it rains I find new "treasures" at the demolished house sites. I'm still looking for the silver but it has eluded me. I am getting closer though. I hunted about two hours and uncovered just junk and in the last ten minutes searched an area about two feet square. I dug out three wheat pennies and a 1966 quarter! The wheaties were 1923, 1941 and 1952. They were so dirty I wasn't able to read the mint marks though. I know that silver is there! I know it! I know it!

Upvote 0
Good going on the wheats! I knew there had to be some good ones there!
I knew it! I knew it! WTG!! HH

YOU GO JIM,I agree with that age of coins it's just a matter of time.Best of luck.HH

Jim, I remember when you couldn't even find mems. Now you found wheaties, the silver is just around the corner. I wish you luck and patience-HH. 8)

Good digs,

Hit the same spot where you pulled the coins from,
maybe there's a few left (silver!?).

Good luck,

HH

Lonewolfe

Where there is wheaties there is almost always silver! Grid the area well.

This makes a total of eight wheaties I have found on this site plus several clad silver colored coins dated 1965 and 1966 plus a ton of clad coins with later dates. You can't convince me that all the older coins that were dropped or misplaced is pennies. It just keeps teasing me. I guess I'll go back today for another dose of anticipation! I'm a glutton for punishment! ::)

I'm betting we'll see a post from you, any time now. Saying, SILVER!!!!!!!!

Good luck today HH

Didn't get out today, cloudy ,cool and very windy. My allergies were killing me with the snotty nose, wattery eyes and the other miserable stuff that goes with it! I will probably hit it first thing in the morning and concentrate on the area where I found the wheaties and nickel. I was using my 4" coil and although good for precisely pinpointing and seperating it isn't as deep as my 8" or 10" coils. My usual practice is to lay out a grid and go through with the deeper coils and plant a flag (the kind used to mark utilities) and then go back with the 4" and sort things out. I haven't done this yet in the particular area where I found the wheaties so I need to. Hope I report silver tomorrow!

Spent 4 hours, dug 23 holes, found 2 clad pennies, dug one last hole and found two wheat pennies! AAAAARGH! I'm going back! Nuff said!

Don't make us have to come out there and plant silver!! LOL
Not to worry. It'll show up. HH

Jim, if you don't have some by the 24th, I bring some with me. HAHA I have faith my friend. Best of luck. stoney

Speaking of seeding the lot.....I sometimes wonder about all those nifty coins people report of finding. I suspect some of them are found in a folder out of a coin collection! Maybe I shouldn't be that way but this hobby ain't as easy as some forum posters seem to indicate!

? ? ? ? I couldn't say one way or the other. If there was instances ( if any ) of that happening. There would be only one person in any particuler instance that would truly know.
? ? ? ? I agree. It's not easy and often frustrating.
? ? ? ?As for me, when i see some of the finds that are being made.
I sometimes think that either i don't have the eye for the right kind of site, or maybe the skill with my detector that others have, that are making these great finds.
? ?But each new site, brings new anticipation.
? ? If things don't improve though, maybe i'll buy a gold coin and pass it in front of my detector and say.
? ? ? ? ?
Hey i detected it! ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Hang in there? ? ? ? ?HH

So you want some silver hu? You all should know this i am guessing most of you do. The best place for silver coins is old houses, schools, and churches. The best is churches built pre 1940's, this is what I here from some pro's. I myself have only dug 7 holes or so with no silver.
Best of luck and HH, I hope you find at least a jar full of silver coins.

(This is not my coin or a find of mine or of anyone I know)
(Google Image)

Attachments

• silvercoin.jpg
    silvercoin.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 263
Jim, yes it can be frustrating. If I had a toothpick for every day I have gotten skunked, I could rebuild the Sahara Forest. LOL I don't think anyone on this forum would stoop to that kind of posting, but at one point we used to have one in our club till the local coin dealer joined-he recognized a couple that he sold this person. ?;) For some reason, that person dropped his membership.

Well, just continue to dig, dig, dig until you cannot dig no more, then dig one more time! You are on the right trail for sure. Great to hear the good news.

NC Barefoot2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back