Back in the saddle after 30 years!

Mjbahr007

Sep 17, 2024
Elkhorn
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Greetings,
Now that I’ve been retired about 4 years, I thought I would get back into metal detecting with my Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 from the 90’s as well as scrounging rolls of dimes, quarters and Kennedy Half dollars for their 40-90% silver content from various banks as I travel the country in my RV. I’ll check the member forums first, but any tips on finding these coins would be appreciated. I’m mainly interested in silver content rather than numismatic value so “junk silver” is just fine.

...Now that I’ve been retired about 4 years, I thought I would get back into metal detecting...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: WISCONSIN for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Greetings,
Now that I’ve been retired about 4 years, I thought I would get back into metal detecting with my Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 from the 90’s as well as scrounging rolls of dimes, quarters and Kennedy Half dollars for their 40-90% silver content from various banks as I travel the country in my RV. I’ll check the member forums first, but any tips on finding these coins would be appreciated. I’m mainly interested in silver content rather than numismatic value so “junk silver” is just fine.
Welcome. I worked for a Whites Garrett shop here in Australia. I do remember those detector's.They were pretty "smick" our word for good here in the day.
That detector was pretty good then. Should still be unless you are really wanting to up the serious aspect of it now. Id still rate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back