Back from Vero Beach- Three times silver

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
Thanks to all that helped me get an idea of how to approach the treasure coast area. After a week at the beach I'm sorry to say no gold or shipwreck treasure better luck next time. I did get three nice silver rings. The totals were as foillows:
3 toys
2 keys
Titanium from the space program
Fishing weight
3 pieces of junk jewelry
2 foreign coins (Peru & Turkey)
11 Quarters
12 dimes
12 nickels
45 pennies
One fake reale from games sold in the area (buried heart failure)
Three sterling silver rings- 2 with cz.
There was an 8 reale piece found Friday am that I was able to see and hold. Very impressive.
I am looking forward to the next trip out.

Stuart

Attachments

• 100_1441.JPG
    100_1441.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_1444.JPG
    100_1444.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_1448.JPG
    100_1448.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_1453.JPG
    100_1453.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0
I think I met you one night while you were working "MY" beach. Just kidding about the MY beach part. Nice to have met you and your wife. Sorry you did not find any Treasure. But looks like you had a good time. I hope the 8 reale you saw was not the same old 8 reale this guy keeps in his pocket shows off to everyone. I have ran into him a few times, he still shows me the same coin everytime, says he "just found" it. You would think after awhile he would know who I was. See ya next time here on the Treasure Coast. Happy Hunting and Keep on beep'n :)
Mitch King
Vice President Treasure Coast Archeological Society
http://www.geocities.com/hotking.geo/

That was us. Looks like you use the Excaliber II. I'm considering one for water also.
Stuart

Looks a lot better than my trip to Miami,Congrats on the fines,..............Cotton

It looks like you had a nice time.

Of course it may be the pictures (gold color), the rings must have made your heart stop when they showed up in the scoop. I have found several silver rings now that were plated.

The importance is you had a nice time with your family and had fun.

Too bad about the reale. That's a dream of almost everyone who heads over to Vero.

If you ran into Mitch where I ran into him one time, that beach is close to an area where you can find more modern silver coins. When the sand washes out, it exposes quite a bit. I believe that's where he picked up that nice Franklin.

HH

OUTSTANDING J!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back