Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back to the bullet school trying to finish up sections and do a final clean up. Things are thining out and the finds are becoming fewer, but you have to keep going because you never know when that big find might be.

Nothing super this time, but I did get a little luck. In 4.5 hour with the CZ21 I did manage to find 37 coins with a face value of $1.64 (lots of pennies), a silver quarter, a wheatie, a piece of possible camp lead, 2 pieces of junky jewelry, an aluminum bottle opener from Ocean City Maryland, tabs, can slaw and a bunch of aluminum fence tie wire.

DSCN2904.jpeg

The silver quarter is a 1961 D in nice shape. I went a long time without finding a Washington silver and now I have found one 2 hunts in a row. Silver is always good so it works for me. The wheatie is a 1951. The lead is old and may be civil war camp lead, but no way to know for sure.

DSCN2905.jpeg

I went to a park to detect the high and dry swimming area and beach, but the sand was frozen solid so I had to go to a park with a bunch of sports playing fields. (NOTE: once the sand freezes it takes a long time to thaw and the ground thaws much faster). I have detected this park pretty hard in spots, but the contributors keep leaving me change and I still pull up an oldie now and then and I was hoping to get lucky. I spent 3.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 70 coins with a face value of $3.93, a lead seal, a set of keys, a pair of angel wings, tabs and can slaw.

DSCN2908.jpeg

The lead seal is from the B&O railroad and is marked CAMDEN STA for Camden Station in Baltimore (Near the Camden Yards Stadium, home of the Orioles). The station was opened in 1856 and is still in operation today. No idea how old this seal is, but my best guess would be between 1920 and 1950. I’m no expert so if you have a better handle on dating these seals, please let me know. This is my second B&O seal. The other one is from Cumberland.

DSCN2910.jpeg

DSCN2909.jpeg

I got back to the new school permission and extended my grid. Nothing special this time. In 5 hours I did find 63 coins with a a face value of $4.20, some cheapie jewelry, a SUPER STUDENT token in poor shape, a hat pin, a broken brass flag pole hook, half of a large copper nail, foil, can slaw and tabs.

DSCN2911.jpeg

I made another trip to the bullet school. Things have not been great here lately but I need to cover every inch to be sure I didn’t leave any goodies behind so I keep on going and hoping.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 68 coins with a face value of $4.88 that included a dollar coin, a brass something or other, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, aluminum bottle caps, fence tie wire and tabs.

DSCN2913.jpeg

DSCN2915.jpeg

Not a great hunt, but al least I got some gas money. The dollar coin was probably the best find. The brass whatzit is interesting. This is a civil war site, but it was also a farm before it was a school and so unless I can figure out what this is I can’t put an age on it. If anyone has a clue what this is let me know. It looks like an end piece that broke off of something.

DSCN2916.jpeg

DSCN2917.jpeg

DSCN2918.jpeg

DSCN2919.jpeg

I got a batch of pennies from a coinstar and managed to pick up a few dimes and a nickel on our evening walks.

DSCN2912.jpeg

So lots of clad for gas, 1 silver coin and an old B&O railroad seal. A long way from my best week, but a long way from my worst. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 18
I got back to the bullet school trying to finish up sections and do a final clean up. Things are thining out and the finds are becoming fewer, but you have to keep going because you never know when that big find might be.

Nothing super this time, but I did get a little luck. In 4.5 hour with the CZ21 I did manage to find 37 coins with a face value of $1.64 (lots of pennies), a silver quarter, a wheatie, a piece of possible camp lead, 2 pieces of junky jewelry, an aluminum bottle opener from Ocean City Maryland, tabs, can slaw and a bunch of aluminum fence tie wire.

View attachment 2118670

The silver quarter is a 1961 D in nice shape. I went a long time without finding a Washington silver and now I have found one 2 hunts in a row. Silver is always good so it works for me. The wheatie is a 1951. The lead is old and may be civil war camp lead, but no way to know for sure.

View attachment 2118669

I went to a park to detect the high and dry swimming area and beach, but the sand was frozen solid so I had to go to a park with a bunch of sports playing fields. (NOTE: once the sand freezes it takes a long time to thaw and the ground thaws much faster). I have detected this park pretty hard in spots, but the contributors keep leaving me change and I still pull up an oldie now and then and I was hoping to get lucky. I spent 3.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 70 coins with a face value of $3.93, a lead seal, a set of keys, a pair of angel wings, tabs and can slaw.

View attachment 2118671

The lead seal is from the B&O railroad and is marked CAMDEN STA for Camden Station in Baltimore (Near the Camden Yards Stadium, home of the Orioles). The station was opened in 1856 and is still in operation today. No idea how old this seal is, but my best guess would be between 1920 and 1950. I’m no expert so if you have a better handle on dating these seals, please let me know. This is my second B&O seal. The other one is from Cumberland.

View attachment 2118673

View attachment 2118672

I got back to the new school permission and extended my grid. Nothing special this time. In 5 hours I did find 63 coins with a a face value of $4.20, some cheapie jewelry, a SUPER STUDENT token in poor shape, a hat pin, a broken brass flag pole hook, half of a large copper nail, foil, can slaw and tabs.

View attachment 2118674

I made another trip to the bullet school. Things have not been great here lately but I need to cover every inch to be sure I didn’t leave any goodies behind so I keep on going and hoping.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 68 coins with a face value of $4.88 that included a dollar coin, a brass something or other, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, aluminum bottle caps, fence tie wire and tabs.

View attachment 2118676

View attachment 2118677

Not a great hunt, but al least I got some gas money. The dollar coin was probably the best find. The brass whatzit is interesting. This is a civil war site, but it was also a farm before it was a school and so unless I can figure out what this is I can’t put an age on it. If anyone has a clue what this is let me know. It looks like an end piece that broke off of something.

View attachment 2118678

View attachment 2118679

View attachment 2118680

View attachment 2118681

I got a batch of pennies from a coinstar and managed to pick up a few dimes and a nickel on our evening walks.

View attachment 2118675

So lots of clad for gas, 1 silver coin and an old B&O railroad seal. A long way from my best week, but a long way from my worst. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Great variety of finds. Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back