Awsome Find!!!!(Updated with better pics)

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out for a couple of hours, so I decided to hunt an 1850s house foundation.? I pulled out a lot of nails and other pieces of brass and this AWSOME K.M.I Cadet button!? I was in shock as I pulled it out of the ground, because it was my second Civil War Button this week.? I guess another reason it surprised me is because I live in a part of the country that saw hardly any action.? HH!

Fox

Attachments

• KMI.jpg
    KMI.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 615
  • KMI3.jpg
    KMI3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0
Re: Awsome Find!!!!

sweet jesus thats a good button,man dont clean it bud.Whats the back mark on it? Oh! and congrats on the button dude.

Ya, don't clean it....COOL & Totally Awesome!

I've got to get down south for some Civil War huntin!

Daniel in Ak said:
sweet jesus thats a good button,man dont clean it bud.Whats the back mark on it? Oh! and congrats on the button dude.
Don't think I could have said it any better myself. Congrats and WTG!

This is nice. I used to do all relic hunting. My first weekend out, I found 4 Virginia buttons. None as nice as yours, though.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Does anyone know what it might be worth?

I realize the link doesn't give a match other than K.M.I. but it gives you a contact and a base to work from. It might not even be a listed button but the shank is intact and upright. Congrats and HH

Post it in the civil war forum here. They might know. Nice find! HH

rvbvetter said:
? ? ? Post it in the civil war forum here. They might know. Nice find!? HH

I just did. I am hoping to get some replies soon. Does anyone know how I might be able to figure out who this button belonged to? I know that there are over 12,000 cadets that graduated from K.M.I. and some served in the Civil War. I just need a base to start from and work from there. So, does anyone have any ideas? HH!

Fox

Really Nice Button. I have not found a Civil war era button. I have seen others find them, just my luck. Your is in good shape.

Keep Gigging.

Ed

I've found many buttons dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War but the backs have always been corroded off leaving only the cap. Congratulations on a very nice find.

Happy Hunting,
BobJ

Very very nice find. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able specifically identify who it belonged to, as it is not personalized in any way.

Thanks for the comments everyone! :) I am sill kinda in shock over finding it here. Does anyone know what its approx. value would be? Thanks again. HH!

Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back