Awesome Cellar Hole Digs! VIDEOS & PICS

D Merc

Greenie
Aug 20, 2009
Hey everyone, I have been meaning to post my last two hunts from the last few weeks. Recently my father and I have been able to locate and hunt a mid 1800s cellar hole that we believe was abandoned sometime in the 1950s. So far we have made some great finds, many coins and relics. Last week we were able to find 4 Indian head pennies, 6 wheat pennies, and a mercury dime that appears to have become target practice. We also dug some nice relics including a sterling spoon. A few days later my dad and gradfather were able to find 3 more Indian heads as well as two Candadian large cents at the same site. These hunts are in the first video and images.
Yesterday my dad and I hit the same site again and located 3 more Indian heads, and 3 more Wheat cents. I also found a very nice bell, and a couple buckles. My favorite relic from yesterday is an "S" that my dad dug, at first I thought it looked like a military insignia that could have been worn on a Kepi, but I could not find any information about it. Maybe you guys could help me identify it? Anyway we all had a great time and made some sweet discoveries. Hope you all enjoy the videos! HH

20120328_114925.jpg 20120328_115139.jpg 20120328_113148-1.jpg 20120327_160641.jpg

PIC_0154.JPG PIC_0156.JPG PIC_0158.JPG

Upvote 2
nice hunt guys.....great vids.......I enjoy seeing where other people dig

:icon_thumright: Nice finds.

killer hunt!

Congratulation. HH, Hamid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back