Awesome 3 Hour Hunt (capped bust Pics added)

pickman

Jul 29, 2008
NY.
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F-75, Minelab E-Trac
My brother and I received permission to hunt a turn of the century house built between 1890-1900. The evening started digging many wheat & memorial cents, then about 2 hours into the hunt things started to get interesting.

The most interesting finds were a 1800 draped bust large cent found by my brother, a beautiful 1821 capped bust Quarter found by me. The other incredible find was my first old pocket spill which consisted of 1 1907 barber Quarter, 11 Indian head cents 1879-1908 and 7 wheat cents 1911-1914. Here is a short video my brother made of some of the finds at the hunt. the pocket spill didn't get caught on video (Battery died) but the barber is shown at the end. The machines used were the M6 Which my brother was using and the V3 I used.

Here's a couple scans of the coin. The coin looks better than the scans. I just couldn't get a good shot with the camera.

Here's the link to the video:

Attachments

• copy_IMG_00022.jpg
    copy_IMG_00022.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • copy_IMG_0003.jpg
    copy_IMG_0003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,474
Upvote 0
Re: Awesome 3 Hour Hunt

That is one beautiful qtr.. Capped bust have eluded me thus far :-/ way to go man

Great find :headbang: :headbang: :wink: :wink: :wink: Surprised this only has one reply ???

Pickman, the title of your post does not really do it justice. Many of us think we have "awesome" hunts, but yours was truly extraordinary. IMHO, a better title would mention the capped bust and the gold ring. The most remarkable find is the 1821 quarter. With a good photo added to your post, it is no doubt banner material. That quarter is in unbelievable condition--I just hope you were able to avoid scratching it. Let's see some photos of that beauty! You definitely should consider having it slabbed. Congratulations on your dream finds!

terpfan said:
Pickman, the title of your post does not really do it justice. Many of us think we have "awesome" hunts, but yours was truly extraordinary. IMHO, a better title would mention the capped bust and the gold ring. The most remarkable find is the 1821 quarter. With a good photo added to your post, it is no doubt banner material. That quarter is in unbelievable condition--I just hope you were able to avoid scratching it. Let's see some photos of that beauty! You definitely should consider having it slabbed. Congratulations on your dream finds!
I agree. Put a clear pic of the quarter up here and it should be on the banner.

You two had a real great hunt, that 1821 quarter is for sure Banner material,I do agree with the others on that. Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65

sweet yard you've got there.
amazing quarter.
i wanna see some money shots, with no heavy breathing on the audio.

I agree with the others man... I just looked at pcgs.. not only is it almost unheard to dig a bust quarter but yours happens to be pretty valuable.. get a closeup square picture and that baby will be on the banner without a doubt :thumbsup:

Great finds and video... But !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Lets see some still close ups !! :notworthy: :dontknow: :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Re: Awesome 3 Hour Hunt (Pics added)

What a great bust qtr. throw out some more photo's should surley make Banner for ya, congrats, Ken.

Yep awesome finds congrats.

holy cow that is a nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

The capped bust quarter has got to be the prettiest design of any American coin. I hope to find one some day.

that 1821 quarter really is fantastic and darn scarce.

Outstanding finds. It looks to be in very nice shape.

W2G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back