Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today for a couple hours and atp pro was working fine, then it started to sound all garbled and scratchy, could not hit a clean signal ,I did a reboot, batteries are good , cables were tight etc... Was acting like this for about 10 minutes and then it seemed to get back to normal ? Anyone else ever have this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Some of the schools I go to have alarm systems that will drive it nuts if your in the right spot.

In my time of detecting public places things to mayb look for some schools are close to wifi towers, power lines in the ground or running on poles in the perimetor of the school for there outside lights maybe. Mine used to act strange sometimes & my v3i for my machines that have cables try running ur cable straight up the shaft around a foot or so up then start wrapping it clockwise from there ive done it on my Atpro,& v3i it seemed to quiet them down & id get less falsing to. Give it a try I mean not all spots are the same worked for me may work for you may not but dont cost nothing to try

It was
An old beach / lake by our town, and I've need there many times before , seems to be working fine now , I got out hussled today by my dads $75 powerfist detector , I found more coins but his added up to more in the end :(
I also have my cable plastic tied up at about 10" before I start to wrap around

I also tied my cable up abt 10" & taped before winding it around the rod. I also took the coil cover off...seems quieter now...doubt that I'll wear the epoxy off the coil anyway! I don't believe that it likes it when moisture & dirt seep between the cover and the coil.

I also tied my cable up abt 10" & taped before winding it around the rod. I also took the coil cover off...seems quieter now...doubt that I'll wear the epoxy off the coil anyway! I don't believe that it likes it when moisture & dirt seep between the cover and the coil.
Hmmm and my coil cover does not fit 100% tight on the new 5x8 coil I just got . So there is room for sand, moisture, etc to get in, and maybe after me swinging it cleared it out ?

Anytime you are near any Wi-Fi towers or even ROUTERS, the detector will act weird and not just AT Pro's either. Using epoxy instead of a cover is the single most important improvement you can do.

Anytime you are near any Wi-Fi towers or even ROUTERS, the detector will act weird and not just AT Pro's either. Using epoxy instead of a cover is the single most important improvement you can do.

Hey welcome back sandman from what ive heard u been a little under the weather hope ya feeling better buddy

The way you mount the wire looks good but don't put the wire under stress that will have an effect after some time , the at pro will go crazy on the beach if your ground balance is not done correctly , sensitivity keep it 2 notch down from max , if problem continue change location and try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's time to pull the batteries , I went in my backyard and tried it out again and seems to be working like it should even though I have a few inches of that white stuff :( so pull batterie and put away in its storage bag till spring

Looks like it's time to pull the batteries , I went in my backyard and tried it out again and seems to be working like it should even though I have a few inches of that white stuff :( so pull batterie and put away in its storage bag till spring

Nah hunt in the snow its not to bad with a Sharp shovel i do it year round unless a blizzard lol

Do you use an epoxy paint
Ya I was curious as well , I was thinking of using that two part epoxy and once mixed take a putty knife and spread it on evenly on bottom of the coil, and if that ever wears down just reapply Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
I actually repaired my coil with that on an ace 250 I once had and it stood up great

Interested in the epoxy thing I is there a video or info on this on t net. Sandman I hope you are doing ok didn't know you were ill.

Welcome back!!!

my coil cover does not fit 100% tight on the new 5x8 coil I just got .

Mine also, WTF they can not make a cover to fit correctly?

I want to epoxy the cover onto the coil like I did my other detectors but can not if warped...

Jim

Same I actually have a gap on the bottom on a few places with the 5x8 coil cover . And I suppose sand and small pebbles can get in there, hell maybe even a small peice of metal can lodge its way in there, I just may mix up some two part epoxy or even resin used in fiberglass will work once you mixed the catalyst in with it , will be extreamly hard to wear that stuff down, but beware once it's on it will never come off lol

The 5x8 covers are very tight and can be a bear to put on the first few times. I put them on by going all around the outside edge first, then do the inside. Here's a YouTube video my business partner did to help installing it.

Wayne

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back