theoldhistory

Dec 16, 2016
Caswell co. State of Franklin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101(RIP)
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1497.JPG will upload more pics later... its not ford chevy or chrysler. is from a flathead 4 cylinder any help is apreciatedcylinderhead1.JPGcylinder head.JPG

Last edited:
It could be half of an 8 cylinder flathead. What is stumping me is the lack of a water inlet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could be half of an 8 cylinder flathead. What is stumping me is the lack of a water inlet.

Water ports are on the corners by the tape measure? I looked for a while, tried searching for flat head head gaskets looking for one that matched that pattern of the chambers, but came up zero, found some similar, but nothing that was a complete match. The closest I found were ford heads but only based on the position of the spark plug holes... still no exact match

Upvote 0
geeze. over my head
Impressed with the reply's - I know heads but not to the degree of you folks posting
good luck with the ID
Brady

Upvote 0
A Buda 205 4 cyl. ? Nope that's not it :dontknow:

Attachments

• 138130.jpg
    138130.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ken,
I considered those as water ports but didn't see a way to attach the outlet where it wouldn't leak. I looked at marine applications but didn't find a match. I wish my friend was in town. He could tell us what it is and when and how it was used. He'll be back Friday. If we don't have an answer by then I'll show him the pics.

Upvote 0
Taking a closer look at the third picture there may be a water port at the middle bottom of the piece straight down from the 9" mark.

Upvote 0
That looks like a continental head, also used in jeeps, and many other applications,
most flatheads dont have water running through them.

Upvote 0
That was going to be my other reply. Continental, which made 4 & 6 cylinder engines that were in about a dozen different cars. All the old flat head engines that made the transition from Hit & Miss look the same.
That looks like a continental head, also used in jeeps, and many other applications,
most flatheads dont have water running through them.

Upvote 0
Almost looks like Atomic... water is wrong. 🤔

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so far you all have had good guesses. but based off of what i have already researched it isnt any ford application. chevy. olds stude any jeep engine.. probably just gonna be a wall decor anyway LOL but if i knew what it was id make a plack saying what year and what kind it is

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back