Asking friends about possible sites to detect.

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked one guy and he said that he knew a great place, sure to find coinage. Apparently an old gent he used to know as a kid (he's 57 now) had a bunch of coins and somehow his old homestead exploded. He said they turned up coins every time they gardened around that old place. He said it's changed hands a few times since his family owned it and he doesn't have any clue who owns the property now unfortunately.

I did get permission to hunt the back yard of a house in town that dates to the 1800s. I'll be trying that Saturday unless it rains.

Ian

Best of luck. Never know what you will find till ya get swinging. :icon_thumleft:

You can find the name of the present owner in city hall or tax records. HH!

I did get permission to hunt the back yard of a house in town that dates to the 1800s. I'll be trying that Saturday unless it rains.

I found 3 bottle caps, a piece of an aluminum can (that read 72 on the meter), a scrap of aluminum siding, and a bunch of coal about 6" down from when the house burned it for heat. There was a lot of gravel in the dirt out to about 25 yards from the house. Beyond that it was dark soft loam. Note to self, have to get a piece of cloth to pile the sod/dirt on so I get it all back in the hole and leave a clean dig site. Also some dipped gloves would come in handy.

I've got a line on an old homestead that's been nothing but a standing chimney for at least 50 years. I'll check into that after the holidays.

Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back