Ashalt shingles

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I prossesed this material from a dry creek bed, then panned and re panned etc, just classified all the fines again thru some small mesh, and while the material is completely dry, looking in the pan I decided it looked just like the crumbles from my roof! Lol sorry nothing important, just my laugh for the day

image-1344098461.jpg

Upvote 0
When I saw your post, I thought you hit on a new way to clean concentrates, with a rough asphalt shingle.

Now I'm wondering if it could work.........you know, a shingle instead of ribbed rubber matting. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Maven,

I hear ya! Anything is worth a try right? If you already got the sluice body, it's easy to modify your own "matting"..... Hmm let's see who try's it first! Lol

If you rub 2 shingles together, you'll wind up with a cup full of granules. I know because I use them to sprinkle on dabs of roof tar.

I suspect running gravel would wear it off in short order.

But I was thinking of that show where they rinsed the roof and collected the water in a bucket. A magnet in the bucket collected micro meteorites.

How much is a micro meteorite worth?

I was thinkin' the shingle might be used in a little concentrate cleaning mini sluice.

Last edited:
Ya' know, it might work well for a clean up sluice.

It's really a ploy by the roofing industry to cash in on the recent gold rush..... Just kidding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back