Artillery piece and possible token???

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I hope everyone has been doing well. Haven't posted on here in a while but have been checking out the latest discoveries on here and it seems like a lot of good stuff was found this summer! I detected a house today that was built around 1900. It had a cabin that was built into the house that was probably built around the mid 1800s. I found three silver coins and a few odds and ends. However I found this token/tag looking thing and have no idea what it is. If anyone could help me on that I would greatly appreciate it!
FullSizeRender-7 copy.jpgFullSizeRender-8 copy.jpg

Also, the lady who lives in the house that I detected is a history buff as well and has some really cool artifacts. The one below is an object that she says has been in that house as long as she can remember, and she said her parents said it was in the house when they moved in probably in the 1940s. It almost looks like the head of some type of artillery piece but I don't know enough about artillery. It also looks like it has some type of makers mark or something where my thumb is pointing in the last picture. Anyone have any suggestions on it? Thanks!!
FullSizeRender-2.jpgFullSizeRender-3.jpgFullSizeRender-4.jpgFullSizeRender-5.jpgFullSizeRender-9.jpg

I think your top pic may be a whizzer toy

IMG_20141109_185449.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never heard of a whizzer toy. What is that bigfoot? And thanks for your reply and help!!

Upvote 0
Doubt it's from a whizzer,spaced too far... more likely a coin bracelet. (If it's a coin)

Attachments

• il_340x270.688635421_c0kf.jpg
    il_340x270.688635421_c0kf.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
I'm also with end cap for a pipe fence post because it looks acorn in shape. A coin from a coin bracelet I'm pretty sure is what the was for, as I-Patch says. I forgot about those whizzers Big foot. I now remember the kids having those in the play ground at school.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back