Artillery dump

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Guy down the street says theres a C.W. artillery dump on his property and I can hunt it.
Was an artillery dump a place for disposing faulty ammo only? Any info on art. dumps would be helpful, not much pops up when I search the net. Was there another name used for these areas? This guy told me that this spot might have been hunted out 20 years ago before he bought the property but then he also said he kicks miniballs when he's strolling through his back fields. thanks- C

Upvote 0
If I were you I'd get in and hunt it asap and draw some conclusions based on what you find. You may be able to figure out who or what was there.Good luck and let us know what you find!

Be careful before you go digging around any potential artillery dumps...still could be some unexploded stuff, there that might be a little tempermental and that would raise hell with you if handled improperly....Call your local National Guard unit and ask to talk with an ordinance guy...he being an expert( I would hope), can tell you best how to work, or not to work, around the stuff. But as always...be safe first!!!
I'm also sure there are some members here who have some experience working in or around those sites and they can advise you better than I.

see you in the funny papers hopper

Where are you located? Do you need any help detecting that spot?

Rocky, I'm in LaGrange, TN- Quite a drive for you. I would love some help but I'm going to wait a while before I ask the landowner if I can bring some friends. I'm going for the first time tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

I too, would be willing to help out and it wouldn't be too bad a ride for me. I live in Madison, AL.

I guess Chopper either didn't make it back or he didn't find anything. Either way I'd sure like to know what happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back